Final wave of admissions

Hello everyone. The admissions office will start sending out the final wave of admissions decisions on February 11th. They are trying to get all decisions out before Aggieland Saturday (February 11th) so I expect the majority of review applicants will find out on this date. The decisions not released on this date will continue to trickle out until February 17th. Very few people have gotten admitted after February 17th in the past, but it may not be the same this year. Best of luck!

First of all, thanks so much for the resources you’ve all put out here. I recently found the forum and feel like I know some of you and your kiddos, just based upon the archives of the forums! I have quietly celebrated many of their offers and eagerly anticipate hearing the status of others.

So here’s a tough question: Can anyone give insight into what a denial for TAMU would look like? DD applied to TAMU Engineering before the early decision deadline, but we haven’t heard anything since the December “mass email” deferring to mid-Jan. TAMU is her dream school but we know they are very selective - despite being a great and dedicated candidate for engineering schools, she is in the grey area for TAMU engineering. We knew it could go either way, but have been praying for the best. She’s been accepted to 4 other high-quality engineering programs, but is holding out on a decision from A&M. Based upon the info from @aggiefanatic above, I am trying to prepare for any and all outcomes, and want to appropriately support her emotions.

If a student is not offered any space at TAMU, what does that typically look like? Will she log on to AIS/HOWDY and see the word “Declined?” Receive a polite “thanks, but no thanks” letter in the mail? As it stands, every time she logs on, I hold my breath. I know I can’t be the only parent wondering this… X_X

You aren’t the only one @DocCope. Howdy has to be sick of us by now!! And I agree, I can hardly look at it when it comes up.

Does this include transfer applicants or just freshman?

@aggiefanatic do you mean that they are sending out final decisions by the 11th or on the 11th?

@tamuwaiting surely he meant by the 11th.

I have seen one kind of denial message. Usually it is phrased as an alternative “offer”. Such as, we can’t t offer you full admission but you’ve been offered Blinn Team or the PSA program at an alternate campus such at TAMU Corpus Christi or Tarleton. My son got the PSA program offer. He opted to attend Blinn in Bryan and is trying to transfer for next year. He was in the FINAL wave of answers last year. It was difficult!

@debbie7452 I got the same offer and opted for blinn as well. Waiting now for my fall transfer decision! The waiting is awful.

Interesting. Was speaking to a friend this morning and their son was accepted in March of last year. In reading this forum for this class it seems that engineering has taken longer than expected. It’s been a while since a non-engineering applicant has posted acceptance that I can tell.

I hope so! the wait is awful!

Here’s a breakdown of review admit replies for the class of 2018 ( 21,391 review applicants that year):

13% Full admission to College Station campus
19% Blinn Team
3% Gateway
42% offered PSA ( 38% qualified)
23% no offer of admission ( 27% after PSA non-qualifiers added)

The first three are considered “admit statuses”, although two are provisional admits (BT & G) but they are counted in the 61% admission rate quoted on college sites.

Since then, there have been the added categories of Blinn Engineering (different from Blinn Team…I know, confusing) and Engineering at Galveston ( one year at TAMUG then auto admit to TAMU-CS college of engineering) but compete for major just like CS students.

You asked, what expectations might be, so at least this gives you an idea of percentages from the past. The last of the decisions include decisions for all categories, although majors fill your initial decisions are to the university itself. We also know a March decision full admit, he requested engineering which was full and changed to an open major in the sciences. Good luck to all of you waiting!