Finally here

<p>Arrived yesterday. Liking everything so far. Microtel on Veterans is fine. Microwave and fridge in room was a nice surprise. Ate at mugshots and had a great burger. Bought out Walmart in Birmingham and only have a few more things to get. Nothing sold out there. Got into DD’s room/suite RCS-N 4th floor and all was clean. I have never seen such team support. Every car, store window etc in town all seem to have something about UA on them.</p>

<p>Welcome to T-town!!</p>

<p>Glad things are going well. </p>

<p>The stores do run out of stuff, but then the next day things are stocked up again…deliveries must be coming daily. I tried to get a curtain rod one day at Target…aisle was completely empty…next day it was totally restocked…so don’t give up if you can’t find something. </p>

<p>I love the way Walmart has all the dorm stuff along the regular aisles. You can just cruise along with your cart and throw stuff in as you walk along. </p>

<p>They have foam mattress toppers for an excellent price. </p>

<p>The parking lots are full of vans and SUVs…with license plates from states all over the country. UHaul trucks are coming and going. The entire city is like one big move in. lol</p>

<p>Don’t you just love the buns on those Mugshots burgers? Yummy!!! </p>

<p>Across the street from Mugshots, there is a new place called Tacogi’s. It’s Asian Fusian (Asian burritos and tacos!!!) - very reasonably priced and the food is great. Tacogis is on the corner of Greensboro and University Blvd.</p>

<p>Kaylynsmom- we said the same thing about all of the 'Bama support in the store fronts. I think you are from Maryland also, and know that people around here are pretty big on Maryland…but I have never seen the display of support for Maryland as I did for Alabama!</p>

<p>We are staying at the Microtel tomorrow night. Glad to know it is decent.</p>

<p>Moving in at 8:00 on Saturday morning. Two of his roommates are already moved in… I’m sure we’ll wake them up. I should be back on the road to NOLA by noon.</p>

<p>Moving in at 8:00 on Saturday morning. Two of his roommates are already moved in… I’m sure we’ll wake them up. I should be back on the road to NOLA by noon.</p>

<p>What? And not enjoy anything here in T-town? The food? Anything? NOLA’s only about 6 hours away.</p>

<p>We’ll arrive about 5 tomorrow, and will eat out for dinner, etc. </p>

<p>And you can drive it in 4 hours if you don’t stop. :-)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>lol…you can drive it in 4 hours if you have a lead foot.</p>