Finance (FI) 389 - Computerized Mgt Info Systems, RMP Reviews are BAD!

<p>The reviews for this class are horrible (can’t get any lower) and only one professor teaches all sections of this mandatory Finance class. Is the class/professor as bad as the reviews? Any insights as to how to get through this class?</p>

<p>Are you looking at Rate My Professors? I don’t know anything about him or the class, but there were only 2 reviews on RMP - not enough of a critical mass to make a judgment on, although it doesn’t bode well. It looks like he’s the only one who has taught the class since at least Fall 2010, so someone on here is bound to have taken it with him. My D will have to take this course in another year, so I’m curious to see what you learn.</p>

<p>FI 389 is not as bad of a class as people make it out to be. The course is team-taught, but the instructor of record teaches most of the course. I think one of the major issues is that students aren’t familiar with the instructor’s accent or some of his teaching methods. He works very hard to minimize his accent during class and will work with students to make sure that they are understanding the material. There are also several TAs to help students.</p>

<p>Like FI 302, a lot of students go into FI 389 with negative expectations of the course which is often part of the reason they don’t do well in the course. Take FI 389 with an open mind and a willingness to learn and you’ll do well.</p>

<p>Remember that there is an occasional evening test session for FI 389 which is not listed on the online course schedule. Test periods are scheduled as to cause the fewest number of time conflicts, so it is unlikely that your student will have another course during the same time as the tests.</p>