Finances

<p>Honestly are you sure about your food bill for a family of 5? Even foodstamps in Texas expects the minimum food bill to be $1260 monthly.</p>

<p>I personally think that the dorms are a remarkable bargain. The students meet life long friends, do not have upkeep on a house or have to mow the yard, they eat buffets every day of the week except Sunday night. They have 24 hour access to pools and gyms. I could be so lucky! I would move my whole family into the dorms if I could and save a fortune!</p>

<p>A family’s food bill can be all over the place, but it has no real meaning when it comes to prepared food served in a sanitary environment.</p>

<p>The cook at home isn’t being paid.</p>

<p>The utilities to cook/refrigerate the food wasn’t included.</p>

<p>The cost to buy/deliver the food wasn’t included.</p>

<p>The cost of appliances wasn’t included.</p>

<p>The “rent & taxes” for the kitchen/dining space wasn’t included.</p>

<p>The cost to keep kitchen/serving/dining areas in sanitary condition wasn’t included.</p>

<p>The cost of washing dishes wasn’t included.</p>

<p>All he’s including is the cost of raw food. You can’t compare that to prepared food that is served in an environment where all these staff people need to be paid. </p>

<p>And…who knows how often family members eat elsewhere…at relatives, at school lunch programs, fast food, pizza on Fridays, etc.</p>

<p>mom - they can easily furnish their place thru craigslist. and sell it all thru craigslist when they are ready to do so. houston has a very active craigslist … and an ikea! : ) it is VERY easy to find ikea things on craigslist.</p>

<p>Mike…thanks for the heads up. I think if we go that route we can find some cheap stuff for the apt. :)</p>

<p>Younger son also needs stuff for The Retreat. So, we’ll look at B’ham and other AL places, too.</p>

<p>try this:</p>

<p>statewidelist.com</p>

<p>it will show you the whole state and then you can search more than one area at a time.</p>

<p>Thanks!!!
Will do!!!</p>

<p>Search anywhere or everywhere on Craigslist
[crazedlist.org</a> : search craigslist like a madman](<a href=“http://crazedlist.org%5Dcrazedlist.org”>http://crazedlist.org)</p>