Financial Aid Awards Posted

<p>That's good to hear dvm, best of luck in whatever decision you choose!</p>

<p>i got about $30,000 including scholarship, work-study, and $5000 of that is in loans. idk if i go there i'll just take out a student loan for the last $10,000 or so cause i'm not living on campus so i don't have to pay room and board.</p>

<p>I'd go for it! Have a great time and enjoy the sunny weather! With that much in awards and all, the rest will be easy to pay. 10 grand a year to go to Miami? Go and have fun!</p>

<p>To all you Floridians:
You are all very lucky to live in a state that offers the Bright Futures scholarship. The only other state that I am aware of that has a similar program is Georgia. It's great that you all (not ya'all as I'm not from Georgia) have the grades to be awarded this option. Not only that, you have a top notch state university in which to enroll!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>That said, you all have your "dream schools" swaying your decision. Make that decision wisely. Visit UF before ruling it out. You can get a great education at any of the schools you've been accepted at. Take finances into consideration (and talk to your parents about "Debt" and what it means in the future.) Come up with a loan amount over the 4 years that you find manageable and if you have to cross a school off your list, do it. Ivys and the top, top schools or programs are worth the money in my opinion, but after that, it will be harder to pay off the large debt. Those planning on grad school, you'll be looking at more debt (unless you'll be in a research program in which you will likely get a tuition waiver.) It's like having to forgo that really expensive pair of jeans you want. So you finally concede and buy another brand. By the time you wear them in, you love them and wouldn't trade them in for anything. Be happy where you end up and go in with a positive attitude.</p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptances, good luck with all decisions, and remember, you'll all do well no matter where you go to school.</p>

<p>I just checked and still nothing. I don't know if this is just happening to me, unlikely... but I keep checking and there's no financial aid information.
I'm a transfer student admitted for fall '08.</p>

<p>Is this happening to anybody else?</p>