Financial Aid Awards

<p>has anyone heard or received anything regarding financial aid from Purdue yet?</p>

<p>Not yet... hopefully soon though--I think their site says early April</p>

<p>my award was posted when I checked online today</p>

<p>Mine was posted too. I was wondering, if you are not offered work-study then there is no way you can do it? Also, does anyone know if the "Purdue General Scholarship" is Merit or Need-based?</p>

<p>All my twins got were a $10,000.00 Merit schoalarship. There was no work study,no grants and no other help. They need to borrow $24,000 a year. Thats not going to happen. We will go to the University of Maine where they are offered alot more....</p>

<p>You can apply for work-study by calling them and asking them to add it. Why they didn't put it in was because when you did your FAFSA you probably didn't check the part about having work-study. The financial aid application you did for Purdue had that question too I believe.</p>

<p>cyberbo60,
Could you share your twins' stats? I see the 10K scholarship is quite an achievement.
My daughter only got 5.5K loan.
thanks!</p>

<p>looks like no purdue for me :(</p>

<p>parent111,</p>

<p>Sure my son had a 97 core average and a 2100 SAT score and my daughter had a 96.8 core averagea and a 2010 SAT.</p>

<p>Thats about it But even with thelp we need to borow 20 grand a kid per year. We ned to decide if Purdue is 80 grand better after 4 years than the University of Maine...</p>

<p>cyberbo60,
I think you should just borrow and let twins go to Purdue.
I even need pay 33K (+5.5K loan) for one child alone, we got UC Santa Cruz admission too, but I still like Purdue better and am willing to pay that amount.</p>

<p>Parent111</p>

<p>Even is University of Maine is almost free. Free is hard to beat..</p>

<p>My D recieved her aid letter in early April. Mix of scholarships and loans.</p>

<p>I still think $22,000 per twin is a bit too much to take on. That is $44,000 per year and I dont know if I can get that much loan money alone after the first year. I will need $166,00 over 4 years and I cant do that.</p>

<p>I am having 2nd thought too, way too expensive for out-of-state, and no hope to change to in-state status from 2nd year</p>