Financial aid decision

@mojojojo23 Yes you are. Our package contains both and we are OOS

@ggbucks Thank you so much! I was wondering till when do people receive awards. I haven’t yet and I was starting to get worried. TAMU is my top choice and I can only afford it if I get some aid

@mojojojo23 Are you planning to attend this fall 2018? If so, when did you fill out your fafsa? You could always call the financial aid office and ask them if/when your aid will be posted.

@emcnalley my family and I are actually moving to Texas so I can afford to go to A&M and also because my dad’s company has an office in Austin so he can transfer there and we can afford a house there but not in Massachusetts, I have called a couple times to make sure I know how it works - since I didn’t get the tuition waiver for this year, we pay out of state tuition (-) the little aid I did get and then after we have lived in Texas for 12 months (so summer before sophomore year) we submit a form to the financial aid office as soon as we can and prove we have lived here for 12 months and then I should get instate tuition from then on

@emcnalley I think it has to be a parent or guardian though who is moving too, it can’t just be the student obviously. They said you can prove the 12 months with pay stubs or bills etc.

On my daughter’s financial tab in her Howdy portal it showed scholarship money today for the first time, but no loan/grant aid. Does anyone know if those roll in at different times or all at once? In other words, is what we see today all that there will be offered?

@texasblue. My son received a letter showing all his loans and grants. We didn’t check Howdy until after this. It showed the same things as in the letter at that point.
If you have received a letter, then I would expect it to reflect the total package. I’m not sure about checking the portal before that. This is all the info I have; no doubt someone else can help more.

@ggbucks I am an international student so I sent by ISFAA by Feb 23 and I have applied for fall 2018

@mojojojo23 oh I see. I’m not sure how long it takes to process that ISFAA. If I were you, I would reach out to the financial aid office and ask when you will get your aid package. At least you would have an idea.

Talked with the financial aid office yesterday…they said all the scholarships have been distributed and no more scholarships are available. Only got a financial aid of $2500. Looks like I will have to forget my dream of going into TAMU. :frowning:

@mojojojo23 so sorry to hear that. I wish things had worked out for you. Wishing you much success in your future.

@mojojojo23

I was literally at the financial aid desk on Monday and they told me my financial aid would be going out in 2 weeks. I filled out all of my documents (they told me everything was in order for me) and submitted them on time. I currently have received nothing (not even loans, there is nothing in the portal).

Are you sure they were talking about financial aid for everyone, or just for you? The lady at the desk assured me that they were sending them out in batches, and mine would be on the very next batch that was to be sent out in 1-2 weeks.

Edit-Just realized you were an international student, the financial aid pool there probably works different from domestic students.

@RMNiMiTz No I meant the scholarships which could attain me the non resident tuition fee waiver. Even my Financial aid package will come in May but that will be maximum of $2500

Hi guys, I am an international student and haven’t yet received my scholarship bundle. Should I be worried?

Update

Received only a Sul ross (600 per sem) :frowning:

For future help to others, our financial packet first just had one university scholarship in early March, today the loan info appeared, and yesterday an email arrived from financial aid office with an invitation to apply to another scholarship that has an extra essay requirement with a due date next week. So, it does appear that financial aid isn’t necessarily just limited to what appears with the first notification.