Financial Aid for Freshmen

Has anyone received FAN letter yet? ETA? Does FA show up on Howdy portal? Same time or after few days?

I just checked the portal. It’s down but states this: "The Financial Aid Portal is currently down as we prepare financial aid awards for 2016-2017 income freshmen. The portal should be back up no later than 5pm Monday, March 28. "

Could be any minute now

Now they are saying 10AM Tuesday Mar 29th.

TXDad56. Thank you. The portal is up and all the information is there now. I do not know if thay will add anything else.

From what i read on a few other post department scholarships will be released later this week

Hope so. Lots of loans offered. Need some departments to give scholarships.

So the “department scholarships” stated above, did you have to apply for them specifically or were they part of the initial application?

@DoctorWho2016 same here. Really need some scholarships

TXDad56. I believe, you have to apply to the department you are planning to join.

I just checked mine. I have an EFC of 0 and they gave me: $18,000 in grants/scholarships and $11,000 in loans. I’m more than happy with this offer to be honest. I wasn’t expecting that much.

@Bayern2016 Would you mind sharing how that $18,000 is put together? I see pell grant $5,665 and Texas grant $5,000, EFC $0 as well. What else did you get?

@tobedefined

Federal Pell Grant: $5815
Regents Scholarship: $5000
TEXAS Grant-Initial: $5000
TX Public Education Grant-Res: $1500
Federal SEOG Grant: $600

@Bayern2016

Cool I received a similar offer. I am extremely happy and I’m sure I can make it work out with a little support from my parents. I just wish tuition for engineering wasn’t so high (its $12K a year).

@TXDad56 I believe @DoctorWho2016 is correct and you had to apply for them separately but i honestly don’t remember right now.