Financial Aid help?

<p>So I'm really confused. My efc is ~17000 but then it says I need ~26000 initial need ~22500 need. Was the Stafford loan subtracted from this? I am very confused with this whole site. Is what they are basically saying is I qualify for 5500 in loans (mentioned in bottom left) and will need to come up with 17000 as expected and then find 20000$ in private loans a year plus 5500 in school loans? So Purdue wants me to pay all 44000$ per year plus interest? I'm really confused I thought most private schools met 100% of aid does Purdue not have enough money to help everyone? No scholarships either with 3.85uw4.52w GPA 32 act thought I had a chance at something. If all this is true $200,000 is much much more than I can afford. Didn't think I'd have to scratch a college of my list before even visiting.</p>

<p>Purdue is a state school, so their endowments are not anywhere close to that of 100% need met schools.</p>

<p>Hm I thought it was private for some reason. Really should have researched aid earlier oh well always uiuc. Thanks for the clarification.</p>