Financial aid letter, no admission?

Hey everyone. I applied for transfer Feb 21st, and haven’t received a decision. However, around 10 days ago I received a financial aid package. I called the admissions office twice and they pretty much told me to wait, but I haven’t heard of a Humboldt decision taking more than 5 weeks…?

Odd that it may take so long, unless they are just waiting to issue all decisions at once. Humboldt is not impacted for either frosh or transfer students, except for nursing, according to Impacted Undergraduate Majors and Universities, 2023-24 | CSU .

So if you meet course requirements for CSU and your major and have a sufficient GPA, you should be admitted. Or is there a question about whether you meet the course requirements?

I’m an OOS transfer (but a CA resident). The only reqs for psych they had were experimental psych and intro psych iirc which I both completed. It’s possible they just need to evaluate my credits. My GPA is 3.74.

My biggest point of confusion was why exactly I got a finaid package…?

My son was accepted into Humboldt within a few days of applying – but it was a bit out of order. Before the official acceptance came, he received a “congrats on being accepted, come to our preview weekend” email – nothing had been updated on his portal or anything. We got the official acceptance a few days later – and financial aid a bit after that.

Also, a lot of their emails go into spam – so I would check that.

In any case, sounds like you were accepted but they just do things a little out of order. Congrats!

ahaha I really hope so!! I called about it and I was told it might be bc my credits are still being processed (oos transfer but CA resident) so they’ll get back to me about that. if that isn’t why idk what to do hahaha