Financial Aid Letter/Packet

<p>Hi all!</p>

<p>I think that we are pretty much finished with receiving acceptance from all the colleges that S applied to. We are now moving to the next phase, determining true cost of attendance. When does UA send a financial aid letter/package? Is this send to all accepted students?
We have already submittted the FAFSA and received the SAR, so it should be at the financial aid office already.</p>

<p>Alabama is around the top choices for S and final cost could tilt the balance to decide where is he going for sure.</p>

<p>Is your child NMF? </p>

<p>Are you waiting to receive the NMF award?</p>

<p>No NMF, just Presidential Scholar.</p>

<p>Unless you qualify for Pell, your FA package will likely include a student loan for 5500. I’m not sure if the Presidential scholarship gets mentioned there or not.</p>

<p>What is your child’s major? If it’s engineering or Comp Sci, then he’ll get another $2500 per year.</p>

<p>Did your child have a particularly high test score? Such as an ACT 34 or SAT 2250?</p>

<p>Thanks M2CK! This helps.</p>

<p>Son scored 32 ACT, 2070 SAT. He is looking at Chem Eng.</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>What did he put as his major? He absolutely HAS to select an engineering major NOW if he wants to get that extra $2500 per year. </p>

<p>He won’t get that money if he selects an engineering major later.</p>

<p>Any engineering major or comp sci must be selected. He can change to another engineering major later and that’s ok. But, he must select an Engineering major NOW.</p>

<p>Go to mybama…academics tab…scroll down left column…select the link to change major.</p>

<p>He is good, he was accepted for Chemical Engineering. Thanks!</p>

<p>That extra $2500 per year really comes in handy. :)</p>

<p>Do you know approx when award letters were sent out last year? D has received a couple from other colleges this past week so we are anxious to see Alabama’s!</p>

<p>I’m not sure when they were sent out last year. I’m thinking that they go out in March. </p>

<p>Are you looking to see the merit scholarships?</p>

<p>capemay,</p>

<p>Is your name in reference to the South Jersey shore town? If so, are you from Cape May originally or do you just vacation there? I’m in Stone Harbor.</p>

<p>Anybody know when they got their FA packet last year?</p>

<p>NJbama, we are from Maryland but vacation in Cape May every year with extended family. We love it there! The kids can ride their bikes around town & to the beach and do a lot of “front porch sitting”! </p>

<p>mom2ck … yes, we are hoping for some merit aid. So far only thing we received was from last year and it was $1500 so since we’re out of state, my D wouldn’t be able to come. I know I have to be patient!</p>

<p>Capemay…</p>

<p>what is your D’s major? </p>

<p>did she get any merit from anywhere else?</p>

<p>She’s Business. So far, for merit, she got $10k per year from Ohio State and $12k from Bowling Green State Univ. We are OOS from Maryland.</p>

<p>Anybody remember when FA packets were sent out last year?</p>

<p>do they list merit scholarships and whatever?</p>

<p>I’m at work now, but when I get home I’ll check the dates on the letter. They’re sitting waiting to be filed ;)</p>