Financial Aid Message Online today

<p>I checked son's app status and there it was. Financial aid info and it showed ONLY the Pell Grant offer, nothing else..no loan, no grants nada. I called the office right away and the lady informed me that the university itself had not done any offers at all. I told her to check his ID and she did and saw the offer, but could not give a complete explanation why that note about financial aid was posted online today. She did mention that the offers are coming out next week.</p>

<p>they probably just posted part of it by mistake. Its highly unlikely that you would get the pell but no loans/grants. The other way around would be much more normal. Just give it a week</p>

<p>after reading this thread i checked my status and had the same result...it just showed my pell grant info</p>

<p>I think the Pell was the first to show up on my daughter's finaid online at her school. Probably because it is almost automatic - your EFC is xxxx so you qualify for yyyy Pell. The rest of her aid appeared gradually over several days. Grants then work study then finally loans. </p>

<p>Not the same school but probably similar procedures.</p>

<p>brasilnumba1..
THIS IS YOUR DAD SPEAKING..lmao.. I was going to surprise you on 3/25 because I found out about before you did. I have the print out to prove it. I called VT Fin Office and they said I was going to be to cruel to you if I didn't tell you the financial aid was not complete. You never checked before I went to bed..this is too funny.</p>

<p>Where is this info? I don't see it.</p>

<p>woodpost..you may not qualify for Pell, which shows up at VT app status automatically</p>

<p>Oh, ok. Does anyone know when the FA packets will be mailed home? My parents are waiting for that before they send in the deposit, but I want to get it pushed though so I can get a good orientation date.</p>

<p>where do you check financial aid status? is it at:
Freshman</a> Application Status | Undergraduate Admissions | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>i logged in with my pin here and only see my acceptance info and major. there isn't even a section for financial aid. maybe i'm looking in the wrong place?</p>

<p>DSL,</p>

<p>If you qualify for Pell it should be right there on the status web page. The other aid will not come out until next week sometimes..</p>