Financial aid packages released

<p>@kathrynrob12, I’m right there with you. I got a few grants but I’d still need over $40,000 in loans a year. not happening. the financial aid office is no help at all either, they wouldn’t give me another penny.</p>

<p>@seekinguni… Thank you</p>

<p>My Coral Grant (11k) is suddenly no longer listed on my aid package. Does this have anything to do with me paying my enrollment deposit? Because this change didn’t occur until after I did that.</p>

<p>Maybe you got the Singer so you won’t need the Coral anymore?</p>

<p>@DinDune: I like your thinking but I’d think that they would first eliminate loans and work study first, but I still have those in my package… Is that not what they typically do?</p>

<p>I hope that’s not what it means, because my financial aid hasn’t changed…</p>

<p>^If I were you I’d email an admissions officer or cal the admissions office immediately. I’m sure you can discuss/dispute this issue with them. They have no right to take away a scholarship once they give it to you. Explain that loans are still showing.</p>

<p>I emailed and he said: “After further review, we unfortunately found that you are not eligible for the Coral Grant. We increased your Unsubsidized Stafford Loan to $3,000 and awarded you SEOG for $1,000.”</p>

<p>That’s still less than the value of the Coral Grant. How am I no longer “eligible”? This has to be Singer or Stamps cause if not, this is pretty lame…</p>

<p>The requirements for the coral grant are the following:
Required to submit the FAFSA
Need-based
Full-Time enrollment
Does not need Florida residency</p>

<p>To be honest, I’d ask what made you not eligible for the grant. Don’t be afraid to pester them, you were already accepted.</p>

<p>Does this make you unable to attend the university now? </p>

<p>Thus is very poorly handled on their part. They could get sued for this because you chose to enroll based on the financial aid they gave you. </p>

<p>But don’t sue them haha</p>

<p>I’ll just wait to hear about Stamps/Singer before I start to worry… I’m pretty sure that’s what it is (at least I hope).</p>

<p>My D’s has not changed and we went to the Singer/Stamps weekend, so if it is because of that, then good for you! If not, then you need to keep being polite, but persistent.</p>