Financial Aid posted

<p>My S had his financial aid award posted onto his CareLink this afternoon. Thought I'd pass that on for those that are waiting. We are a bit disappointed in the outcome, as they came in well over our EFC and included quite a bit of students loans. He did receive a Coral Grant for a fair amount, but we're worried to commit to a school we can't afford without knowing for sure what he'll get able to get in the coming years. We were really hoping for some kind of merit grant. We have some decisions to make on whether we can make this work or not.</p>

<p>My EFC is 12,505. I received 24k for the President’s Scholarship thing, and then 12k in grants. The rest is all loans/workstudy. </p>

<p>For comparison, I was an EA UChicago admit and they offered 42k grants (estimated, final offer tbd). Then again, they meet 100% of need.</p>

<p>Our EFC is $37,000. D received President’s $25,000, Coral Grant $5,000, plus some loans. She got invited to Singer/Stamps, but couldn’t attend due to other obligations. I think she could have asked to be reassigned to another weekend, but she already was leaning strongly towards another school by that time. We are OOS WI, so it’s a big time investment. It seems pretty generous to me, given that she didn’t go to the weekend.</p>

<p>I cant find my financial aid info, when I click on financial aid it says inquiry access denied… this happen to anyone else?</p>

<p>^^^ if you didn’t apply EA then it would not show up but if you did then I would call FA.</p>

<p>My EFC according to the UM website is 10k yet I just got my aid and they expect us to pay around 30k! I will try to appeal this because I will definitely not be able to attend with this low amount of aid. Does anyone know how I would go about appealing?</p>

<p>You have to fill out a Professional Judgement Appeal form. Here’s a link to the form. </p>

<p><a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/financial-assistance/PJAppeal13-14.pdf[/url]”>http://www6.miami.edu/financial-assistance/PJAppeal13-14.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>They gave me crap!</p>

<p>They honestly expect me to pay 20,000…and my EFC was 0</p>

<p>WAAAAAT? They have to be kidding right? this is a joke right? I don’t even have a cosigner for a loan. This really sucks.</p>

<p>Our EFC is just over $10K. They gave us $30.8K, ($13K Presidential Scholarship, $7.8K Coral Grant, $7K in loans, and $3K in work study). With an estimated cost of $60,960, that leaves over $30K out of pocket, not including the $7K loan which will need to be paid back. Wow - UM is even further out of reach than I imagined. “The most talented and competitive class in UM’s history” might turn out to be a lot smaller than they thought!</p>

<p>Were you awarded a merit scholarship? Also, you do not need anyone to consign your loan.</p>

<p>umiami was generous to me…really generous I am going to pay 9 k less than my EFC…awk…</p>

<p>Yea beautiful chick your lucky. They gave me a merit scholarship of 8K… Which doesn’t amount to anything in the package…Howard is giving me more money than this school. hopefully I will get into my first choice and I don’t have to worry about Miami.
But I’m just really ****ed at umiami. I need a cosigner for a private loan. But I’m like debt? I really don’t want it. Especially not 20000.</p>

<p>when will it appear if you didn’t apply EA? mine just says “inquiry access denied”</p>

<p>I was told aid will be post in the first week of April by someone in the financial aid office.</p>

<p>ok thank you</p>

<p>@ilovemego that is a huge difference though. c=I know umimai doesnt promise to meet 100 FA but even so that is a huge gap!!!</p>

<p>I just hope they are generous with my package because my EFC is 0.</p>

<p>same hopefully they are generous to me as well cause my efc is also 0</p>