Financial Aid Questions

<p>Hello! I am a freshman at a CC in my Texas hometown and I am considering transferring to TCU next fall. I will be transferring with 30+/- hours. My GPA at the end of this semester will be around a 3.8-3.9 and I intend on keeping it in that range. I know I won't have any problems transferring into Baylor, but I am wondering about Financial Aid. Without going into much detail, my families technical income does not qualify for much, if any, financial aid. We own a small business and have to include it in our personal income, so it appears we are much wealthier than reality. Is there any way I can get some sort of financial aid? In order to attend TCU, I need to get around 20K in aid. I will qualify for 12K/year from academic/PTK scholarships but is there any way to get the rest via financial aid? Sorry if this doesn't make sense and thanks in advance for the help!</p>

<p>I can’t say for sure–can only say what my daughter’s experience was. She applied for the Fall of 2013 and received no financial aid at all from TCU. Like you, we don’t qualify for financial aid. So…she ended up going to a school that gave her $25,000 a year.</p>

<p>TCU seems very generous with merit scholarships. It would have been cheaper for my kids to go there than the state schools. Good luck!</p>