Financial Aid thread for Spring 2014!!

<p>Has anyone received their financial aid award letter yet? If so did you have to cancel your aid from your current school or fill out a form? Thanks, and Gig'em!!</p>

<p>I canceled my aid a while ago. Still nothing from tamu…</p>

<p>@Artc32 - Same for me as for itscole. Nothing updated on Howdy about FinAid for me just yet.</p>

<p>Dang, as far as i know they’re supposed to start awarding aid letters this week.</p>

<p>nothing for me either, but i have a question, the statement of educational purpose has to be signed there in person, and i haven’t had a chance to drive down there, will they wait on giving me an award letting until i have submitted that document?</p>

<p>i’ve never heard of this ^?</p>

<p>“Statement of Educational Purpose - Document Requested
Please complete the Statement of Educational Purpose. This form must be submitted to Scholarships & Financial Aid with an original signature, in person and with a government issued ID such as a drivers license, state or military ID. A faxed or emailed copy of this document will not be accepted.”</p>

<p>this is what is in my financial aid portal</p>

<p>hmmm well financial aid is in, but it can change by the end of the week. all thats offered to me is the pell grant… so I called and made sure…</p>

<p>i have no awards yet, i will probably give them a call and ask</p>

<p>and @sminor2008 is this under the status column in your financial aid portal?</p>

<p>I got mine today too and also just got the pell grant!</p>

<p>Has anyone received the transfer scholarship yet?</p>

<p>3 grants and some loans have been offered to me so far.</p>

<p>The loans are all that have been offered me so far. I believe that it will stay that way as I made too much money this last year (or so I was told at Blinn FinAid). I was offered a $300 pell grant for this current semester at Blinn and the reasoning was “government lowered the income requirements because of sequestration.”</p>

<p>I got mine today. I cancelled on the 4th from blinn. I’m like in tears. I got awarded 4400 in grants for this semester. Good luck y’all. Gig em’.</p>

<p>same here ^ just for the spring!</p>

<p>yes that was in the status column @itscole, I have to go down there and sign the paper in person, i will be going down there this coming thursday to get that done and hopefully hear back on any awards quickly after</p>

<p>got awarded a transfer scholarship today, anyone else?</p>

<p>there is nothing i have to sign in person</p>

<p>well i went down there yesterday and signed it, i don’t know why i had it and others didn’t, i never asked</p>

<p>did anyone else get a transfer scholarship awarded to them</p>

<p>Col. Hawes said yesterday that corps scholarships should go in within the next few days or next week if anyone is going to be in the corps of cadets.</p>