Financial Aid thread for Spring 2014!!

<p>Please help me understand… How are incoming freshman receiving financial aid award letters already when everywhere I look it says you must fill out Fafsa app. to be considered and this does not come out until Jan. 1, am I missing something? I filled out the scholarship app with my Apply Texas but that is it so far. Should I know something already or have filled out some other apps.? Any info. greatly appreciated??? Thanks!</p>

<p>@Naruto1995 - You must have filled out the FAFSA for this current year. The FAFSA that you will fill out after Jan 1st will be for financial aid for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015.</p>

<p>I got the transfer scholarship yesterday on top of the grants I got. I guess being a poor first generation college student with good academic potential pays off in the long run. I feel bad for low middle class students. It seems like they get no financial help. my boyfriend grew up in the same town as me and he has to take out massive loans for A&M. The only difference between us is he has 2 parent incomes at home, but he has 2 siblings in college other than himself. Idk. I just think the money should be spread out a little more. I don’t think its right that I have books and tuition paid for, and he gets nothing… grateful but it makes me think.</p>

<p>Have you guys processed the aid A&M has given you? I see it on my page, but I am wondering when I should start accepting grants/loans.</p>

<p>I accepted my scholarships, and im still waiting for my statement of educational purpose to be processed before they award me grants/loans, which they said will be on the 2nd, but once i accept those we will get all the money on the 4th</p>

<p>Has anyone’s financial aid been disbursed yet?</p>

<p>no, i was curious about this too</p>

<p>my guess is they are waiting until we register for classes to disburse it, so they don’t give money out to ppl who don’t show up to nsc and register</p>

<p>We won’t get money until atleast Wednesday.</p>

<p>They need to hurry up haha</p>