Financial Aid

<p>Does anyone know when we will receive our financial aid packages? Also, how is Purdue's financial aid? Are they generous with money or is it usually a ton of loans?</p>

<p>I called and was told April 8th… seems so late.</p>

<p>What does your Financial Aid status look like?
Mine is: Based on your academic transcript, the status of your academic progress is IRVW Holding, needs reviewed as of Fall 2011.</p>

<p>Mine says the same thing… I found the area where is says my FASFA was download on March 3rd. I submitted mine back in January but I guess they did not start downloading them until March… What date does yours say?</p>

<p>Mine says March 3rd also.
I’d like to hope they will get back to us by April 1st, but I’m thinking it will be more like the 15th.</p>

<p>Last year it was right around the 2nd April… I still check everyday anyway:)
Son trying to decide between Purdue, VT and Uof Michigan.</p>

<p>how do i check my FA status?</p>

<p>There’s a financial tab on your mypurdue. There will be a status box on there.</p>

<p>There’s a financial tab on your mypurdue. It should be there.</p>

<p>I just spoke to a counselor from Purdue today and they told me that the Financial Aid status should say it is “holding” for all students. They are supposed to start releasing financial aid status on April 1st.</p>

<p>I dont have a financial aid tab on myPurdue… On my “New Student” tab there is a financial aid link and i get this:
"Gone
The requested resource
/prod/bwrksumm.P_DispSumm
is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource. "</p>

<p>I should probably just wait and then call if nothing comes up…</p>

<p>do you guys know if the financial aid calculator on purdue’s website is generally accurate? especially for a person with an EFC of 0?</p>

<p>Theslit012 - On my myPurdue, my tab says ‘Financial’ not ‘Financial Aid.’ It’s between the Academic and Resources tabs. But if that’s not the case for you, I’d try e-mailing itap. I e-mailed them back in December or January, and they were very helpful with my issues. Maybe there’s something they can tell you do to help you out. </p>

<p>john14ty66 - I’m not sure how accurate it is as I haven’t talked to anyone who is attending Purdue about financial aid. I guess there’s only one way to find out, which would be to wait and see.</p>

<p>Nope there are only 3 tabs: New student, Resources, Help… I’ll email them and see. Thanks!</p>

<p>my EFC IS $99,000
and they are telling me that can’t afford it for 4 years.
i am just depressed.</p>

<p>Hi Swetha, I am not able to understand this term EFC 99000 etc and they are telling …, can you please elaborate what this means</p>

<p>I am checking my son’s myPurdue account and the have cost of attendance, total scholarship, EFC and initial need. The web page is not really clear what the is the final cost to the student and family. No sure if more information is going to be posted or if this is it.</p>

<p>So, i filed the fafsa back in january and sent it to purdue, but I’ve made changes to the fafsa since then. These changes are insignificant since I changed which schools to send my fafsa to. I apparently changed my fafsa on march 3, and in the student requirements section for financial aid in myPurdue, it says my status for fafsa is complete as of march 3. Does this mean I didn’t make the priority filing date of march 1 just because I made insignificant changes to the fafsa?</p>

<p>well actually, looking back at my correction history on fafsa, the last time i made a correction was february 5. So, why does it even say fafsa was complete on march 3 in myPurdue?</p>

<p>Yeah, it lists my Presidential Scholarship as financial aid. I’m wondering if anything else is going to come in, but I doubt it unless it’s possible to get the Marquis in addition to purely merit awards. </p>

<p>On mypurdue, it probably just means that it was processed or whatever on March 3.</p>