Financial Aid

<p>I’m super happy about mine! I got a Presidential, Marquis, and a General Scholarship. So that takes out a pretty nice chunk of my tuition and room and board. It’s something like 13k I got from the school. So I’m very happy with the money that Purdue threw my way.</p>

<p>GoGiantsfan29: $20,000/year is a lot of money! And this is coming from a mom who grew up in Mi. and graduated from U of M. I lived in Bursley (dorm) on north campus near the Engr. buildings. I am a die-hard Michigan Alumni, and although Michigan is also very prestigous and ranks a spot or two above Purdue in engineering, we are proudly sending our son to Purdue for what I am sure will be a top-notch engineering education. If we still lived in Mi., then sure, would love him to attend my alma mater. But since we don’t any longer, paying that kind of a monetary difference as much as I love the school is just financially foolish for us. JMO!</p>

<p>I toally agree too with GermShepLvr - $20,000 is a huge difference - and both great engineering schools. We too had to make that decision with our D, and chose Purdue which was $20,000 less than a nice, little private school in the East Coast. With the price of airfare, us OOS people are going to need the extra $20,000 (just booked air for STAR for $600 a pop!!!)</p>

<p>I hear you about the 20,000 and my son is going in undecided got into the Pre-Pharmacy but might want to look into Computer Science or chemical Engineering … But, we told him to work hard and hopefully we can send him where he wants to go… He narrowed down his choice to VT, Purdue and Michigan… I need him to decide before i have a nervous breakdown:)</p>

<p>did you guys accept your admissions to see the “financial” tab? I haven’t gotten the chance to call them and ask why my myPurdue doesnt have such a tab. It only has three tabs: New Student, Resources, and Help. Anyone know what i’m talking about?</p>

<p>My EFC is 0, and they gave me a loan worth $21,640 -_-.</p>

<p>are you in state or OOS?</p>

<p>OOS…lol.</p>

<p>That might be why. My efc is 0 and im instate, and i got about 18-19k from purdue(including $8000 scholarship). I also did not sign up for 21st century scholars while in middle school.</p>

<p>That sucks, really wanted to go there. Oh well =/.</p>

<p>Yeah. Apparently in state helps since I have an EFC of 6kish and got 12k in scholarships, including my presidential. </p>

<p>And that really sucks, Trunks.</p>

<p>you can still go to purdue if you are willing to go $80k in debt. However, i would compare the instate schools you got into and the amount of debt you would graduate with them versus purdue and its debt.</p>

<p>^Yeah, I don’t think being 80K in debt will be a good idea, lol. I’ll probably just go to Binghamton, lol.</p>