Financial Aid?

<p>D just got accepted after being postponed. When I click on financial aid, it says that it's not available for viewing at this time. Does this mean she didn't receive any, or that the packages are not ready yet?</p>

<p>Did you complete and submit the FAFSA and use the code for UW-Madison?</p>

<p>I was just checking Financial Aid and Scholarship Awards this morning and didn’t see anything. D was accepted a while ago and FAFSA was submitted by Feb. 1st. Does anyone know when UW will put this information out? Almost all the other schools my daughter applied to have provided the financial aid and scholarship information.</p>

<p>Call the Financial Aid office at 608-262-3060</p>

<p>Or email:</p>

<p>[Contact</a> Information | Office of Student Financial Aid - University of Wisconsin–Madison](<a href=“Office of Student Financial Aid – UW–Madison”>Office of Student Financial Aid – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>I do not recall from last year when we heard back.</p>

<p>I called today and they said mid-April. It seems kind of late considering deadlines to commit are May 1st. Other schools have released that information.</p>

<p>Did your daughter separately apply for L&S or Engineering Scholarships? I am not aware of any automatically awarded scholarships to nonresidents with average stats from middle-income families.</p>

<p>If you want an estimate of your Financial Aid, try this link (it is for 2011-2012) but gives you an idea.</p>

<p>Info needed: EFC, whether AGI is under or over $80k, whether Wisconsin resident, and dorm or off campus (Wisconsin Covenant Scholar is only for residents who applied in 8th grade and completed requirements):</p>

<p>[Net</a> Price / Award Calculator | Office of Student Financial Aid - University of Wisconsin–Madison](<a href=“Office of Student Financial Aid – UW–Madison”>Office of Student Financial Aid – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>After my daughter was admitted in January, she submitted separate scholarship applications to College of L & S. She hasn’t heard back. I have an idea of what she might get from UW based on our EFC (two kids in college). I would just like to see all the numbers before she makes her final decision.</p>

<p>I think last year, over 1,500 incoming freshmen applied for the L&S scholarships. There are about 35 scholarships, and something like 30 of them are for Wisconsin residents. Personal phone calls are made in mid-late April to the recipients.</p>

<p>Last year, applicants received emails in early April if they did not get awarded a scholarship.</p>