Financial Aid?

<p>Hi guys, just wondering if anybody got news about financial aid packages yet? I heard they were supposed to be given by around mid march, but no news for me so far.</p>

<p>I haven’t gotten anything. UT offered me $21,600, but I have to accept it by the 12th of April, or else it’ll get rescinded. Therefore, I asked if there could be an extension to my response date because I need to weigh my options. I wish A&M would hurry up…</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC</p>

<p>I called the Financial Aid office and they say that they would start sending out Financial Aid Packages starting April 1st so expect it to start coming next week.</p>

<p>Hopefully that’s the case. UT is my 1st choice, but I wouldn’t mind going to A&M. They’re both great schools in their own regards. If I get the award package next week, that’s going to leave me with around 5 days to decide (unless extension is granted)… such a tough choice.</p>

<p>I think it would definitely be worth the wait because A&M is really good on their financial aid and I hear UT is somewhat stingy. Either way, it wouldn’t hurt.</p>

<p>Yeah, that generally seems to be the case. I already have $6,000/year at A&M, so the rest wouldn’t be that hard to come up with considering I get these:
TEXAS Grant- $5,000
Top 10%- $2,000</p>

<p>That’s already $13,000 per year, and as you say, they’re known for being very generous. I’m sure ill get some grants and scholarships, it’s just that I need something to work with. If that extension isn’t granted, ill just have to go to UT and come up with the $4,000. But again, A&M needs to hurry up :p</p>