Financial Aid

<p>I have recently been accepted (or so I thought) to UA. In MyBama, my deposit link works and I also have the Student tab. Yesterday (Friday, March 8th) I even called UA to confirm that I had been admitted. When I go to the financial aid section in the student tab and select the 2013-2014 school year, it has a green check mark next to my financial aid. Yet today I received a letter in the mail saying that I have not been admitted because of my financial aid. Why is there a conflict of messages? and Ive obviously have my financial aid, it has the green check mark under status in MyBama, so if there was a problem, why wasn’t I notified, and why would that keep me from being admitted?</p>

<p>FA has nothing to do with being admitted. A person doesn’t even have to apply for FA in order to be admitted.</p>

<p>Bama usually admits students prior to even knowing if they’re going to apply for FA. </p>

<p>Can you type up exactly what the words are? I’m wondering if the language has to do with the fact that you’re not a currently enrolled student.</p>

<p>Dear Ciara,
Student Financial Aid recieved the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).To continue the processing of your financial aid eligibility, you must complete and return all requested documentation. Carefully follow the instructions below. [bold] If you are required to submit documents to our office, your NAME and Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID) must be on all documents in black ink. [end of the bold]</p>

<p>ADMISSION STATUS ISSUE: You included the University of Alabama on your Free Applicattion for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) At this time, you have not been admitted to The University. We will continue to process your application for financial aid once your admission status is complete. Contact the Admissions office to determine the necessary action to complete your admission.</p>

<p>I think I just solved my own problem…Alabama didnt accept me untill the 7th. And the letter is dated the 6th…is this why the letter says this?</p>

<p>Sounds right, Ciara! Just a timing issue. Congrats on your admittance!</p>

<p>Alright. Thanks so much :)</p>

<p>Yet today I received a letter in the mail saying that I have not been admitted because of my financial aid</p>

<p>And, note, that the letter didn’t say that you had not been admitted BECAUSE of your FA. It just said that at the point of the communication about your FAFSA you had not yet been admitted.</p>

<p>Congrats on being admitted. Bama will now process your FA request.</p>

<p>okay. Just a misunderstanding then.
Thank you.</p>