Financial Aid

<p>CC pretty much has no merit scholarships that are simply "good student" awards. As far as I've heard, the only ones that I would be eligable for are 2 full-ride ones, which have obviously already been offered to other people.</p>

<p>But I desparately need financial aid to go there, even though I "don't qualify" for it. Yeah right- like my parents can just pull $43,000 a year like it's a muffin and a soda. </p>

<p>What are other people doing to try to squeeze money out of CC?</p>

<p>They do have the Trustee Scholarships that is 28k over 4 years. I am in a similar situation as you and would like to try to get some money for them but havent heard of any effective ways as of yet. Good luck.</p>

<p>i've tried EVERYTHING..... i think this school really has NO money.... they offer ~120 people partial scholarships and thats it, fafsa is worthless for me (and you i'm guessing)</p>

<p>geeze being middle class has really bitten me in the ass</p>

<p>i would love to go to CC, but as it stands, $42k/yr at CC or $25k/yr at Trinity which i also like....$17k/yr is a lot, and although my parents have told me over and over that its not a problem, i really can't see my family spending nearly twenty thoughsand more a year to put me in a very similar school.</p>

<p>and trust me, i've been calling the financial aid and admissions office for about a week now begging for money and they won't budge and instead suggest that you look for outside scholarships which i believe are all gone now</p>

<p>as a last resort i had my mom call in and try some negotiating, and got a kind reply of "you can take out a mortgage on your house."</p>

<p>Bottom line- if you weren't awarded a merit scholarship and your EFC is higher than $40k, don't count on a penny from them :(</p>

<p>yeah my dad tried to squeeze some money out of them as well....dont count on it. they have money, but they will only give it to minorities or people who have financial needs. and yeah same here with the stupid fafsa thing</p>