Financial aid

My unsubsidized amount per quarter last semester was $ 1485 and now it dropped down to $ 607 nothing has changed financially for me I don’t understand it
I am only an undergraduate and am now in pursuit of my AA why would it drop drastically when I was in the same status last semester

Are you a dependent? If your parents claim you on their tax return, your Financial Aid is based on your parent(s)’ tax return. Are you 100% certain they had absolutely no difference in their income/tax situation?

Are you talking about unsubsidized LOANS? Or something else. Please clarify.

What is the cost of your school, and are you receiving any other aid to cover the cost?

The unsubsidized loans are available to anyone who files the FAFSA. They are not income dependent at all. A first year student can get $5500 in unsubsidized Direct Loans.

Are you taking a full time (over 12 credits) courseload?

Also, are you talking about loans for the summer term? Those can be different than for the academic year.

@kelsmom

How many credits are you enrolled in? It’s possible that you have a lower cost of attendance this semester if you’re taking fewer credits, and the loan amount had to be adjusted.

1 Like