Financial Aid

<p>Financial aid award info is available when you sign into your application status page.</p>

<p>Anyone else see this?</p>

<p>If it says total aid is $3500.00, thats all i'm getting?
any other grants?</p>

<p>I emailed the FA office. All I have listed is a Pell Grant. Nothing else. Zip.</p>

<p>Was invited to Honors so I have good stats; thought there would be some grants.</p>

<p>I asked if this was the final package or if they will be adding items to the list, LOL.</p>

<p>where is this? and would this be different for people already admitted under ED</p>

<p>same here.. all i have is federal pell grant.. and I definitly need more grants
I hope this isn't final package</p>

<p>Generally, How much does it cost to attend VT? Full time, instate (including housing, dining, books etc.)</p>

<p>hmm where is this located again? b/c i don't have any financial aid awards/info listed</p>

<p>college332, you can find your aid info either your application status page or hokie SPA</p>

<p>hmmm under 2009-2010 i'm getting:
FINANCIAL AID AWARD:</p>

<p>Alert No information available for SECTION 1 at this time. Please contact your financial aid office if you have any questions.</p>

<p>i'm guessing mine just isn't up yet?</p>

<p>under the admission web site? I don't see an area for it.</p>

<p>Here:</p>

<p>Freshman</a> Application Status | Undergraduate Admissions | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>yeah after i've logged in there is nothing about financial aid.. anyone know if that means anything?</p>

<p>Do you have to accept the offer for admission in order to view financial aid info?</p>

<p>Edit: Also, on VT's website, it says transportation costs $990 per semester; what transportation are they talking about?</p>

<p>I think it might just be that they haven't updated it with everything. My family is dirt poor and we have an EFC of 0 and, while they're offering some pretty hefty Pell Grants, that's all that is up there. At the very least the VA Tech Safety Net should apply to me and it's not listed. </p>

<p>Iconplaybass - have you heard back from Tech's aid office? I'm really curious to hear what they have to say.</p>

<p>On their website, it says financial aid info should be up for incoming students by April 3.</p>

<p>The financial awards are NOT complete. I emailed the FA office Friday and they responded today. </p>

<p>Here was the reply to my question of "Is that my complete award?"</p>

<p>"No, that is not your complete award. We have not packaged those yet, but should be doing so at the end of this week."</p>

<p>So, there are more items to be added to awards. Note that they "should" be doing these by the end of the week. So, don't worry if you don't see anything yet.</p>

<p>I just went to check my financial aid again and the Pell grant award has been replaced with: "no info availiable at this time". Has this happened to anyone else?</p>

<p>Though Im guess icons last post may have something to do with that. Hopefully they are upping the awards. JMU just sent me a letter awarding me over 12k in grants, making me only to have to pay 3k out of pocket. Hopefully Tech can come close to matching that.</p>

<p>I just spoke with Va Tech. Merit Aid notifications will NOT be posted online, but will be MAILED (not emailed) "sometime in April". Not much more info given then that.</p>

<p>msc261: same here. i used to be able to see the pell grant , but now it just says : "no info availiable at this time"</p>

<p>My award page changed, as well. </p>

<p>I'll check later tonight and see if the awards are updated. Most Pell recipients should also have the ACG so that may be added at some point.</p>