Financial Aid

<p>My financial aid is complete now. Yours might be as well. Anyone know if "Direct Unsubsidized Loans" and "Direct Subsidized Loans" are the same as Stafford Loans?</p>

<p>I'm still getting </p>

<p>No award information is available for you at this time, please contact your financial aid office if you have questions.</p>

<p>this doesn't mean i didn't get anything does it?</p>

<p>My page was giving me errors like that for awhile before updating. I might be on the head-end of the curve, but I have no idea why. I was a last-dayer for Financial Aid and application submitting.</p>

<p>ok.. if i'm not getting anything will it update and say something to where i'll know the difference?</p>

<p>You best bet really would be to make a quick call to the Financial Aid office, I'm sure they'll be able to be a lot more helpful than we will.</p>

<p>Does anyone know about 'federal work study' aid? If they offer me a federal work study aid, do I have to work while I am in school?</p>

<p>Yeah, they set you up with a part time job. My understanding is the FWS jobs are better than getting a job yourself because they don't count in your EFC for the next year, but I might be wrong about that.</p>

<p>Anyway, you don't have to accept the FWS aid.</p>

<p>Thank you for that information.. so.. how do I deny FSW aid?
by email them?</p>

<p>This is copied from the FinAid award page:</p>

<p>Requesting Aid Changes
Submit a Financial Aid Change Form for the aid year for any of the following reasons:</p>

<pre><code>* You wish to reduce or decline your financial aid
* You will be enrolled for less than fulltime credits for an academic term(s) (less than fulltime enrollment may result in loss of financial aid)
* You will not be enrolled at Virginia Tech for an academic term(s)
</code></pre>

<p><a href="http://www.bursar.vt.edu/forms/documents/finaid_change_form.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.bursar.vt.edu/forms/documents/finaid_change_form.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Thank you very much clone</p>

<p>Aside from loans I got a James F Powell Scholarship for $2000... pretty good I guess.</p>

<p>Has anyone else's financial aid award been lowered? I just checked today and my VA Guaranteed Assistance Grant was lowered by $200 per semester, altogether $400 for the year, which isn't much but it's still free money. I only noticed this after I paid the $400 deposit.</p>

<p>How are you getting a Guaranteed Assistance Grant at a public institution? If you meant the Commonwealth Award, mine hasn't changed.</p>

<p>I actually noticed something somewhere on my list increased a few hundred last week but couldn't peg down what it was.</p>

<p>Maybe they're trying to give me your money? :D</p>

<p>Lol maybe that's what happened. Anyway, it's called the VA Guaranteed Assistance Program and I got grant money at JMU & VA Tech from it (except JMU gave me at least $3000 more).</p>

<p>Ah. That's different. The Guaranteed Assistance Grant is for private schools. I didn't get your money from this because I don't qualify for it. Virginia has a lot of good ways to get money into the hands of students but a lot of them require high school degrees.</p>