Financial "Offers"

<p>Can anyone tell me when I should expect to receive our financial “offer”/package? I have twins who both have been accepted and $$$s are impt! We have already submitted Fasfa info and UA has acknowledged acceptance…I know they say April 1, but was wondering whether it came before…thanks!</p>

<p>I’m not sure when your FA pkg will come. When did you submit FAFSA? What is your EFC for each twin?</p>

<p>Are you instate or OOS?</p>

<p>What merit awards did your kids get so far? </p>

<p>Did you use the Net Price Calculator? If so, what aid did it predict?</p>

<p>If DS is NMF, is there any reason to submit the FAFSA to UA? I found out last night that he did not submit the FAFSA to UA (he didn’t think he needed to since his tuition is covered). He qualifies for substantial aid at other schools, but would it mean anything at Bama if his tuition is already covered? I have been calling the Scholarship office all day, but they aren’t answering the phone. I thought that, if I’m lucky, this might be quicker. ;)</p>

<p>Aid isn’t just for “tuition”, it’s to help pay for the entire COA. </p>

<p>Is your EFC low, like Pell eligible? If so, he’d get a Pell Grant. </p>

<p>If you want your child to take a student loan, you need to submit FAFSA.</p>

<p>We really need more info to know whether it’s worth the bother to submit FAFSA. </p>

<p>Is your child also getting the eng’g scholarship?</p>

<p>Does your child still have determined need after his scholarships are subtracted from COA?</p>

<p>Edited to add…since your son already submitted FAFSA, he really just needs to add Bama.</p>

<p>Thanks, M2CK. He removed a school from the FAFSA list and added Bama (hope that’s what he was supposed to do.) Thanks for the info!</p>

<p>??</p>

<p>did he remove a school that also needs his FAFSA info? Or did he remove a school that has already rec’d his info?</p>

<p>LOL, he removed a school that already received the info in February. :slight_smile: We wondered if he should have removed all of the old schools, but didn’t do so, so they may have all received a second copy. Oh well. Hopefully, we’ll make all of our mistakes on DS13 who is applying to 11 schools so that when DS15, who says he is only applying to one school, comes through (Roll Tide!), his single app will be perfect. ;)</p>

<p>oh good. Just making sure. :)</p>