financing/scholarships

<p>Hi
My son just got accepted to Purdue in the college of science. He is a computer science major.
We are from Ohio. He has a 3.5 unweighted and higher weighted grade from a very good high school, He received s 31 on act. I was interested to know if any one has any idea of what Purdue might do for scholarship or have dine in the past. In other words what can we expect from the 40000 price tag
Thanks
David</p>

<p>Hi Ceramtek, did your son ever get a financial award from Purdue? My son has similar stats, also from out of state, and we were wondering what to expect. Thanks!</p>

<p>I’m looking for scholarship information too. My daughter will be a mechanical engr major with a 3.9 GPA, 30 ACT, and oodles of leadership. We’re also from out-of-state and would like to know what to expect, if any, in terms of scholarship. She has already been guaranteed full tuition at our state’s public Univ. and approximately $16K at an out-of-state private school (whose room, board & tuition is similar to Purdue’s). Any information would be helpful.</p>

<p>Arielsmom…our daughter also applied for ME, had a 3.97, 31 ACT, is out of state…but my husband is an alum and she attended an engineering camp at Purdue her junior summer…she did receive the trustee scholarship for $16,000 a year. I think the state you are from might be a factor, we are from Oregon and no matter how you slice it, it’s considered an underrepresented state…our D also got various scholarships from other schools, but you can’t beat Purdue for engineering and their reputation. They love women engineers and I think the women are getting more $ than boys with similar stats. Good luck to you…please email me directly if you have any additional questions…btw, our D is loving PURDUE!!!</p>

<p>I’m in-state and got the $8k/year (highest) Presidential Scholarship with a 28 ACT and 3.9 GPA. I too am a female engineering student and love it here.</p>

<p>My son is applying to the college of science, not engineering. Do you know if it is easier, or more difficult, to obtain a scholarship from the college of science vs the college of engineering?</p>