First Day?

<p>How is the first day at purdue as in the traffic in the roads around the campus. the congestion of cars infront of the dorm rooms. how long it takes to get everything as in the right dorm room, keys, schedules, etc. how far is also like stores like walmart and stuff like that from the campus. how far is the airport from the campus. any tips for me on my first day of school since i live in new jersey and will go to purdue by plane?</p>

<p>also when is the freshmen orientations? would it be hard for me to make friends on the first day if i miss the orientations because im from NJ unlike the in-state people. would i get a good priority number if im out-of-state and when would i know my roommate, and their contact info as in phone #, and AIM sn.</p>

<p>The airport in Indianapolis is 65 miles sounth, about an hour's drive away. There's a shuttle from the airport to the campus (and the other direction, too). Look on the website for "Boiler</a> Gold Rush" (BGR: Aug. 11-17 this year) -- that's the week-long freshman orientation before classes start, sounds as if you should try to go to that if you can. If by priority you mean for dorms, etc., your priority is determined by how early you send your housing deposit (which is refundable if you tell them in writing by April 30 that you're not attending).</p>

<p>Jimgotkp, the Walmart is about 2 miles up the road from the school. Move-in is very organized and they have people to help you put everything on carts and roll it up to your room (I think most dorms have elevators). They assign you a certain time for unloading and check-in. When you check in, you fill out some forms and they give you your room key.</p>

<p>Check out the Lafayette Limo website for times - it's the shuttle that takes you from the airport.</p>

<p>thanks. also do you know when we find out who our roommate is?</p>

<p>Seems like they send out that info in June or July with their phone number so you can call them ahead of time and figure out things like who is supplying the rugs, microwaves, fans (if you don't have ac), etc.</p>

<p>oh okay. thanks.</p>