First Essay, just lost

<p>Ok, so I'm dying trying to write this first U of W essay. I wrote my second already about my dream to be a teacher, and this one is about how being on Speech team has changed me. Am I answering the q well though if I talk about how it has made me more of an assertive and passionate person, and then talk a bit about how ill bring this to the campus? I just don't know if I'm doing this right, and I'm not sure my stats are good enough to get me in considering I'm OOS.</p>

<p>Help if u can.</p>

<p>Spend a few hours going through UW websites (use the search tool) and jot down a list of classes, people, clubs and events that really interest you and why. Then ask how will you take advantage of them and contribute something at the same time.</p>

<p>Yah, that first essay is pretty much a "what you gonna bring" essay. Plenty of room for creativity but it is a speciffic charge nontheless.</p>

<p>Dallas gave some fabulous advice!</p>

<p>so if I talk about how Speech has made me a different person in so and so ways and then explain how this will help me take advantage of U of W classes and activities, is that answering the question completely? I guess thats sort of a long approach to getting to the heart of the question, but I want to emphasize what I've done in high school as well by talking about my main activity.</p>