First generation Argentine student?

<p>So this is my first post on this site; I am excited to hear what all of you have to say!
Anyways, I'm currently a senior; both of my parents emigrated from Argentina and our annual income is about $25,000. I am the first in my family to apply to college(anywhere).</p>

<p>My top colleges are Duke, Penn, Williams, and Georgetown. This whole college admissions process is relatively new to me, so I'd kind of like to have an idea of what my chances are for each of these.</p>

<p>Here are my stats:
3.83 GPA (Unweighted)
4.833 GPA (Weighted)
Rank 60/750 (High School is in the top 1 percentile in the nation)
ACT: 32 Composite-- 34 english, 35 math, 29 reading, 29 science, 9 essay
SAT: 1990 (i guess this is irrelevant because my ACT outshines my low SAT score)</p>

<p>Senior class schedule:
AP Biology
AP Calculus BC
French III Honors
AP Government/Politics
Astronomy Honors
AP English Literature
AP Physics C</p>

<p>AP Scores:
AP Calc AB 5
AP Physics B 4
AP Psychology 5
AP English Language 5
APUSH 4</p>

<p>EC's
Co-Founder/President of French Club
Head of Tutoring Program for Mu Alpha Theta at a neighboring middle school
Player on citywide Rugby team
Cross Country Runner
Guitar Player-won local awards</p>

<p>Any insight you guys could give me would be a great help to me--and please BE HONEST!</p>

<p>I’m half Argentine, so I’ll try to equate your chances to my father, an Argentine immigrant, because he had comparable stats and applied to a few of those schools. Times have changed and college admissions are more competitive, but I’d say that you have a decent shot at all of those schools. You’re most likely to get into Georgetown out of the 4 you listed, but you still have very good chances of getting into Penn, Duke, and Williams. Penn especially likes 1st gen college underrepresented minorities (my dad got a full ride there). However, make sure you have safety schools in the event that you don’t get into any of these above mentioned schools. Overall, I’d say your chances are pretty good. </p>

<p>If you need any extra help, try contacting the Venture Scholar program (if you’re eligible), Questbridge, or any other organization that’s out there to help qualified students like you apply to college.</p>

<p>The OP is a sr, so they’re too late to apply through QB if they haven’t already.</p>