First time using GI Bill, needs some guidance

Hello All, My husband is a Marine Corps Veteran served for almost 5 years, and has been out for 2 years now, he picked up jobs here and there so he can explore and find what he actually wants to do in life as a career while I support him since I have a decent career that is paying off pretty good. Since it’s never too late for anyone to go to school and study, we decided for him to use his benefits for GI Bill to fund his tuition fees, etc to have a better life and career before we start our own family.

He got accepted, went to orientation and started the school yesterday, Oct 28th here in NJ. The financial aid from his school submitted his paperwork to the VA last week. He also have access to the VA Benefits website and constantly checking the status of the enrollment, but since its too early it probably won’t show up there. Unless there’s another way to check details of the enrollment.

He’s very nervous about school since its over 10 years since he graduated high school. I do not worry about this because he’s a very smart guy, have a lot of potential and am very happy to support him.

Now our questions falls down to, housing allowance (BAH) and grants. How do we know when VA gets the paperwork? When will he start receiving the BAH? What can we expect for the next few days, weeks, months?

All your support and input will be much appreciated.