First UC pick decision affects others?

<p>My question is basically what I said in the title-I heard that for california residents (me), there is a U.C. application list, in which i can fill out my aplication, and send it to any number of U.C.'s I checkmark in the box. </p>

<p>however, I also heard that there is a list of ur top U.C, choices, such as I have to put the UC i want to go into most at the top of the list, etc…</p>

<p>is that true?? If my have UCSD on my #1 uc list, does that affect my chances of getting into UCI, UCD, etc?? Because UCSD and UCI are my top two choices, but I am not confident about getting into UCSD, and I have a feeling that if I don’t put Irvine as my #1 UC choice, then i won’t get accepted</p>

<p>(P.s. getting into UCI or UCSD is VERY important to me, so i dont want to make any screwups that will cause me to get rejected from both colleges)</p>

<p>No, you just pick the UC's you want to apply to in one application. All the UC's will evaluate your application base on their own criteria. Which other UC's you apply to will have no effect to your application to a particular UC.</p>

<p>There is no such thing as Tuft's syndrome at the UCs.... They are public schools...</p>

<p>Many moons ago (very many) students would rank the UC Campuses in the order they preferred to attend. This idea of ranking the UC campuses still floats around from previous applicants. However the UC system no longer allows applicants to rank the UC campuses. Each UC campus the applicant chooses (and pays for) will conduct a complete and independent review of the application.</p>

<p>the only ranking on the UC Application is I think when you rank what UCSD college you would most prefer to attend if your were accepted into UCSD</p>