FIT Applicants - FALL 2020

@fashionluvr6464 im so sorry to hear that! :frowning: it’s really weird that you were turned down with a 3.8 college gpa. mines is sitting at a 3.3 and i thought i wouldnt be accepted. dont get discourage with their decision. you could be a better candidate at parsons.

@jdmamrol i applied to their 2 yr aas fd program and got my acceptance last friday and i turned everything in feb. 3 so its strange that u still havent heard back yet. im a transfer student btw.

I’m in the same boat. I’m applying for the 1 year AAS in Fashion Design. I submitted my materials late January but have yet to hear from them. Sent them an email this morning but haven’t gotten a response yet, so I’m glad to have seen your post.

I finally got an email at 1 am and I got in!!! Good luck to anyone who still hasn’t heard and don’t lose hope because I almost did. Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in!

@aidec11 , I also had the ‘Pay Your Tuition Deposit’ link when I checked around 3rd or 4th week of March. I’ve also been getting messages regarding my financial aid application around the same time. At 1:29am today, I received an email from FIT Admissions saying that I’m admitted to the Interior Design AAS program! Don’t lose hope. It ain’t over till it’s over. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Well, I just found out I did not get accepted to the 1 year AMC associates program. Good luck everyone else

I found out on the FIT student email

@mymy18 Congratulations!!! was the pay my tuition deposit on your home page for MyFIT or was it under “pay my bills & view e-bill”?

@joco2180 Thanks! The link was under the Requirements section of MyFIT applicant homepage.

Hey guys, i just got wait listed

@kyky04 for which major?

AMC

@jdmamrol Hey A huge Congrats!! I am planning to apply as a transfer next year and am currently working on my portfolio. I am wondering if I can have a look to your portfolio to see what kind of portfolio will make applicants get into the program? Thank You!!

Hello all,
I just got email from FIT admission office, they told me that all decision letters were emailed. I found an email saying Welcome to FIT, and we have been received my tuition deposit.

I wonder is that mean i got accepted? Is it an official admission letter?

on instagram story they said yesterday they said they are still sending notifications

Yes, that means you’re accepted. The official email’s subject was Welcome to FIT. Is there a PDF that tells you how to pay your deposit?

My daughter still has not received a decision. Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?

I am still waiting to hear back too… did your daughter receive an email yet?

After several inquiries, the Admissions Office sent an email saying they had already sent the decision letter to her and that they would re-send it by the end of the week. Shortly thereafter, she received an email with a rejection letter dated April 1. She had been checking her email very frequently and re-checked it upon receipt of the letter. There was no email from them prior to the one she got yesterday. Hope you get good news!

Hey guys, I just wanted to update. I got in!!! I got my acceptance email at 11:41 pm today, I honestly had lost hope, because I hadn’t heard anything back.

Also, I got into the AMC one year AAS, and I am a community college student from out of state!