FIT Fall 2021 Admissions

When do decisions usually start coming out?

Here is what I found from reading last year’s thread on this forum:
Presidential scholars: March 22nd
And then the rest of the decisions are released in batches from March 23rd to April 1st
I hope this helped and if you have something different please share!

1 Like

Did you have to apply to a specific thing be considered for presidential scholars?

Does it mean anything if my Coa is still zero. But my Expected Family Contribution has been updated ?

yes i believe you needed to apply to be accepted into the Honors program.

The “Pay student ebill” and tuition deposits are different. It should be a new link that specifically says “Pay tuition deposit”

1 Like

Yes. Your honors application, a 500-word essay, and two letters of recommendation must be received by February 1. The ACT/SAT scores are optional for honors this year due to Covid.

Yes I have it happened in February… nothing else has changed though. Status is still the same.

I’m the parents group on fb the discussion of room cost was addressed. It is the cost of a single as they are not sure if, with covid, they will be allowing doubles. Let’s hope this changes. :crossed_fingers:

Oh yes I definitely hope that this changes!!!

Maybe vaccinated students will be able to room together?

Hi everyone!
I’m a current Communication Design major who got in last year! What I can say about the notification process is first off yes, pres scholars find out first then thereafter its all based on your major/department.

Last year, AMC/FBM/Fashion Design began to find out between March 23rd-28th via the still not officially confirmed portal message that indicated the deadline for the user to pay their tuition deposit. I say unofficial as a percentage of those who got in last year didn’t get this portal change til after receiving an email from Admissions. In my case I received the portal change hours before the Admissions email.

Just a note to Art and DEsign applicants, Admissions does not review your portfolio, the individual departments do.

To everyone, don’t stress about your application complete date and the dates of others and order you are getting your decision back. I know for the Fall 2020 cohort our class was not completed til about mid-June ( crazy considering about 90% had registered for classes by May 27th)

Dont stress and all the best!

3 Likes

My daughter is vaccinated! I hope this will help lower costs!

Did anyone get their notifications today?

HI! This was so so helpful, thank you. I applied as a communications design major.

But when did you get you decision? What does the portal message look like on your MyFIT account?

Nope

Anyone get any responses yet? Sending positivity to everyone! Good luck to all. Please update us all if you get a response

2 Likes

It’s usually an email. And you usually get the email about financial aid at FIT before your "congrats you made it into FIT " email.
The financial aid email should say something about your acceptance in FIT. This is what I read from last year’s thread

my COA was updated and my entire financial page/award page was completed. Is this a good sign ?

Same It did that for me as well! Hopefully this is a good sign! Good Luck to everyone!

1 Like