Flat Stanley goes to Bama

<p>Did an awesome Flat Stanley for my niece a few years ago. Now it’s her brother’s turn and it has to be equally as good. Am going to T-town for one day next month and thought I’d bring him with me there. What would be something good (preferably not food) that Flat Stanley could bring back from T-town for twenty-something Jersey 1st graders? I have to bring them back on the plane with me so nothing too bulky - and not hugely expensive, because I have to buy twenty-something.</p>

<p>Looked on the supply store site.</p>

<p>Buttons run about $4 each
Quicktoss Softie $3.75 (childrens section)
Lanyards $3.98
Kickoff Silicone Band Houndstooth $3 (my favorite)
Alabama Patch Script “A” $6.98</p>

<p>Maybe not real exciting, but pencils with Big Al on them? Maybe the bookstore would give you free posters (with Big Al on them?) that they give out to advertize an event?My 4th grade students in PA LOVED getting posters of the basketball team (that we received for free when we attended a basketball game back in Nov.). Good luck! I love Flat Stanley!</p>

<p>Pencils are o.k. I thought about shakers but really want something that says Bama or has Big Al. I’ll see if I can find someone at the school who might give me something for these potential Class of 2024 students. I did see there’s one current student from this town on the Dean’s List, so you never know.</p>

<p>You might also ask the Sports Information Department if they have posters or brochures.</p>

<p>^ Great idea. Will do that, too.</p>

<p>My daughter, a huge Alabama fan, received a signed photo of Big Al with a dedication as well. Her 7th grade teacher, who gives personalized Christmas gifts to each student, called the UA cheerleaders to find out how he could get a Big Al photo with a dedication. They sent him one. He framed the photo and gave it to my daughter for Christmas. She was so thrilled to death. The photo and dedication did not cost him anything and really made her (and our) day! Perhaps you can arrange for some Big Al photos in advance?</p>

<p>Yes!!! A Flat Stanley photo with Big Al! Awesome idea! You guys are the best.</p>

<p>My S knows a guy that is Big Al, so if you would like me to ask him to get in touch with him, I can. :slight_smile: I love the idea of a picture of Flat Stanley with Big Al!</p>

<p>That would be awesome, ProudBamaMama!</p>

<p>Flat Stanley???</p>

<p>Flat Stanley is a character in a kid’s book. Somehow he gets flattened (my youngest is in college, it’s been a long time) and goes on an adventure. Many schools have kids color their own FS as an exercise, sending their Stanleys to out of state family and friends. The recipients take photos and/or tell about their geographic area and then send Stanley back to the class. The stories are read back to the class. </p>

<p>[Flat</a> Stanley: Flat Stanley | A Literacy and Community Building Project for Kids](<a href=“http://www.flatstanley.com/]Flat”>http://www.flatstanley.com/)</p>

<p>Class2012Mom, did you get my PM? I am not sure it went through… Hmmm…</p>

<p>So, “Goodnight Moon” is out???</p>

<p>Who knew?</p>

<p>I think Flat Stanley needs to pose on the crystal football, shaking hands with Nick Saban while A.J. McCarron grins broadly in the background.</p>

<p>Flat Stanley has his own mobile app and Facebook page!</p>

<p>It really is fun for the kids and they learn a lot. In the past we’ve made ours into a book (using a scrapbook) and it’s been kept in the school library - but I think we’ve been extreme.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Flat Stanley will be much more careful than a certain recruit’s father. We’ll make it happen!</p>

<p>Flat Stanley tried to sneak through the White House gate and got interrogated by the Secret Service while visiting us. Hmm. Seems like that was the last time my niece asked for help with a project.</p>

<p>That’s awesome, tjmom!</p>

<p>tjmom, your Flat Stanley seems to have had a bit more invigorating of an experience than ours. My youngest D, summer between 6th & 7th grade all the kids did a FS and posted on the class of 2017 FB their adventures. Ours went to California. LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, etc. Pretty boring and no celebrity sightings. </p>

<p>Love the photo op idea with The Crystal, Saban, and McCarron. </p>

<p>Posters from the athletic department would be awesome!</p>