Flat Stanley goes to Bama

<p>Contact your local Bama recruiter and ask if he/she has any giveaways. </p>

<p>i was just at the BCS championship celebration and they gave away necklaces, little footballs with the BCS win noted on them, and posters. Wonder if those can still be gotten?</p>

<p>Years ago my 2nd grade son (now Class of 2013) took Flat Stanley on a family vacation and we took many pictures of our adventures. However, Flat Stanley was lost on the school bus while traveling back to school in my son’s backpack. The next day, Flat Stanley’s “cousin” was returned to the 2nd grade classroom. Years later I was working in the school’s library and found the original Flat Stanley in a little used library book! Oh, how I have always wished that Flat Stanley could share his adventures during those missing years!</p>

<p>It might have been pretty dull if you were the first to open the book since he’d taken up residence.</p>

<p>^ Haha! So true!</p>

<p>Flat Stanley is an awesome addition to any family. We took pictures we normally would not have with FS. </p>

<p>m2ck, the recruiter is an awesome idea!!! Since they usually have all kinds of great giveaways for the receptions.</p>

<p>Maybe all our kiddos should start a Flat Stanley. My DDs high school requires the seniors to create a scrapbook which is part of their senior English grade…the girls, in particular, have had many a fun night scrap booking over a tolerant mom’s kitchen table. The scrapbooks are pretty wonderful.</p>

<p>I feel so lazy. When my youngest brother had to do his Flat Stanley, I just photoshopped Stanley into a bunch of famous photos/paintings. He got to salute the flag with Neil Armstrong, cross the Delaware with General Washington, and meet George Bush (president at the time). You parents are putting so much more effort into this than my family did.</p>

<p>Stanley has an appointment with Big Al. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I am planning photos with the crystal football, coaches statues, in a super suite and the quad. Does anyone have other suggestions?</p>

<p>Also, I’m going to make Stanley a football jersey (think paper doll clothes). Any other ideas?</p>

<p>An official jersey and Nike tempo shorts? Rain boots? Houndstooth fedora? Game day dress and heels at the stadium? With a Grande latte at the world’s largest Starbucks in the Ferg? And,</p>

<p>With a tape measure at Ridgecrest South?</p>

<p>Looking for Flat Stanley to join the discussion on CC after his visit. FS needs his own CC “handle” to post about UA.</p>

<p>Tape measure going thru all of the UA dorms should be required for Flat Stanley during his visit.</p>

<p>Flat Stanley could talk to a cute “Flat Stella” cheerleader!</p>

<p>Have fun!</p>

<p>Or ‘Not So Flat’ Stephanie!</p>

<p>I knew when I posted that I would get a comment. I also knew it would be you! ;)</p>

<p>Cuttlefish, I am SO on your suggestion! She’s printed out and ready for coloring. I might even make her a bedazzled cheerleader shirt.</p>

<p>Class2012Mom, so glad that things are working out for Flat Stanley’s visit to Bama! :)</p>

<p>Yes. If anyone knows their way around a bedazzler, it’s 2012Mom.</p>

<p>I expect my Alabama pajama pants will blind my husband with their magnificence, if I ever get them…</p>

<p>Class2012Mom: You are so sweet to go through all of this trouble for Flat Stanley. I hope he takes you, Flat Stella, and Not-So-Flat Stephanie out for some BBQ. RTR!!</p>

<p>Cuttlefish123, </p>

<p>To be fair, I suggested to Mom2012 that she needed to bring ‘Flat Stuart’, as well.</p>

<p>Just sayin.</p>

<p>Flat Stanley just arrived at Class2012 Mom’s house in preparation for his trip.</p>

<p>Go ahead, someone ask her what he’s wearing. </p>

<p>(And not in a pervy way-this means you, Slippy.)</p>

<p>Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha…</p>

<p>Oh, I am glad you are posting! What is Flat Stanley wearing?</p>