Flex Testing vs. Regular

<p>Hey guys! I'm applying EA to Colorado and I am searching for opinions on what scores to send. </p>

<p>I've been wanting to send in my 36 ACT English subscore and AP Language 5 score for the qualitative and optional options for flexible testing. BUT for the quantitive option, my best score would be a 26 ACT Math subscore which is certainly below CC's average.</p>

<p>Or should I send in my 30 ACT composite score ? I have been leaning towards the flexible testing options because the admissions rep who came to my school said it allowed CC to see what we thought we excelled in. I have no plans to do anything in the math/science field and am most certainly a humanities person. </p>

<p>Thank you for any advice!</p>

<p>I would say the 30 composite as it is almost the median and I don’t think they would reject you for it. The 26 wouldn’t look great although the other two do. What about me? I am also waiting on October act scores that might raise certain subscores.
ACT number 1:
English 32
Math: 27
Reading 25
Science 30
Essay 10
English and essay 31
Composite 29</p>

<p>Act number 2:
E 28
M 29
R 34
S 26
Essay 10
English and essay I think 28
Composite 29</p>

<p>Can someone please help me on my question! I just got my ACT results back and they are
C: 30
e 33
m 30
r 30
s 27
Do you guys think I should send this composite or this 33 in english+30 in math+34 in reading from a different test? I know the 30 is below the 31 median score. Would adding the 34 on be helpful or just look weird? Please help I have the 15th as a deadline!</p>

<p>The say on their testing page they will create a super score of your chosen scores if you select the third option. For the OP, I would go with the 36 English, 5 AP Language, and 26 math. If you choose the ACT composite score, they will still be looking at the 26 as part of the composite score. Assuming they treat the 5 equivalent to a 36, that would give you a composite of almost 33 (36,36,26 averaged).</p>

<p>thirrdplanet - you could use e 33 (most recent), m 30 (most recent), and R34 (#2), giving you an equivalent of 32 composite - though if you’re using all ACT scores they may revert to your best composite. Have you taken any SAT subject tests or AP exams?</p>

<p>ctscoutmom, why do you think they would create a new act composite based on the 3 scores chosen in the flextest option? And why do you think they would disregard your flextest choices and “revert to your best composite?”</p>

<p>Just wondering if you had spoken to anyone and had specific info, as this appeared simple at first glance but in fact is rather confusing. Do you know if you elect the ACT composite option, do they consider the “best available composite” to be from a single sitting (this is what I THINK? their testing page says) or do they superscore to create a superscored "best available composite?)</p>

<p>I just went with my 30 composite score.</p>

<p>Sorry I never got back to this thread.</p>

<p>When we visited in early November, for their multicultural open house, they addressed this with the students. They do not superscore the ACT automatically, though they do with the SAT. That seems to be pretty common among colleges.</p>

<p>That said, the in the discussion about selecting your own scores, the idea of selecting scores to create your own superscore never came up. But the policy, taken to the extreme suggests that they might allow you to select 3 individual ACT sections, allowing you to superscore on your own (and further, you might potentially be able to select 3 subsores from the SAME test date). But given the policy of not superscoring, it is not clear whether they would allow this.</p>

<p>We were told when we visited that the alternative testing was for extraordinary situations and scores which did not represent the student’s ability - not as a way of maximizing the score. If you have a score within their upper average range, especially, they expect to see the score and not the alternative. We overheard an adcom straight up advise the score, not the alternative, for a 30 ACT, for example.</p>

<p>You guys make me so happy! I stayed with my 30 ACT score because it showed strengths in a number or areas that wouldn’t be chosen if I just chose 3 sub sections. Although my 30 is below their median of 31, I got a math of 30 and english of 33 which are both the medians. Here is to hoping my scores are good enough!</p>