Florida Poly - Infoshare

We moved to Florida last year. Son is a senior and applying to colleges. He loved the vibe at Florida Poly when we did a college tour. He is an introvert , STEM focused and gravitated towards the small school vibe and their analytics major. I do not see Florida Poly listed within these forums. How is the school compared to other schools like USF, UCF, FSU, FAU and UF and how is Poly’s acceptance rate?

Florida Poly is brand new, that’s why you don’t see it mentioned yet. None of its stats will have any real meaning - including the acceptance rate. I think it has only graduated one class so far.

@allhailcorporate Thank you!

Any feedback from students or parents with kids in Florida Poly in this forum, would be helpful…Kinda flying blind right now.

Since there are only 1300 students at the school, the chances of finding a parent on CC are low.

Agree @twoinanddone

That is my son’s second choice school. (Olin is first so due to competitive level and/or cost, he will more likely end up at Florida Poly). We found the tour very helpful. If your son has more questions, he can contact the person on the card they likely gave him during the tour. I do have a friend whose son is there and he likes it quite a bit. The school is now ABET certified too, which is very important.