Flu Vaccine @ SHC?

<p>Would anyone happen to know if SHC will offer Flu shots to students? I looked at their website yesterday, but could not find any current/specific info. If so, is there a cost or do they accept private insurance like BC/BS? Just trying to figure out where to direct the boy… Here at home Walgreens has clinics and they accept walk-ins and will direct bill your insurance without a co-pay (I think it is a part of wellness under our coverage).</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Good question. Is it good for swine flu too? Wonder if you have to be 19?</p>

<p>I know my daughter went the SHC to get a flu shot last year. I know the SHC accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield and some others. Just texted Daughter and she said she thinks it was free.</p>

<p>From the SHC site: </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>[Student</a> Health Center Billing](<a href=“http://shc.ua.edu/insurance/billing/]Student”>Billing – Student Health Center | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>I also remember that an announcement was sent out when the flu shot was available.</p>

<p>The SHC will send out emails when flu shots are available. Note that any copay will be charged to the student’s account rather than charged upon arrival at the SHC.</p>

<p>It may also be easier to get a flu shot at the Rite Aid just across University Blvd. from the SHC (close to Moody Music Building and Arby’s), especially since there will be almost no wait time.</p>

<p>When it was prevalent, the SHC also offered the Swine Flu vaccine. IIRC, that vaccine was free for everyone.</p>

<p>If interested, the SHC also administers the HPV vaccine, which is covered by some insurance plans.</p>