Flying from FLL

<p>Have any kids without cars flown out of FLL. How did you get back and forth from the school?</p>

<p>my son and his roommate are scheduled to fly out of FLL on Thursday afternoon for the "long" weekend. They have reservations with Airport Express (I think the website was floridalimos - email me if you can't find it). It's THE shuttle service with authorized service to and from FLL. The cost is $25 each way. We've used FLL instead of MIA as the flight schedules are better. </p>

<p>(I may have more comments after Thursday, but so far they seem pleasant and organized)</p>

<p>This is great info-thanks. We were not planning on flying S home for the 3-day weekend, but somehow got talked into it during Parent's Weekend-roommate and friends are all going home. This shuttle sounds so much easier than the metrorail/tri-rail. S's flight is at 5:10 and when I checked for shuttle reservations, they say the pickup should be at 1:45. S has a chem lab until 1:50 but said he should find out tomorrow if it will go the whole time-hopefully it will be a shorter one. Maybe these kids will wind up travelling together.</p>

<p>fyi - when I called the 800 number to confirm on Monday, they said to be downstairs in front (back?) of the dorm 15 minutes before the designated pick up time (we're guessing they mean at the curb by the parking lot - where the cabs wait). </p>

<p>They said - depending on the number of pickups (his is at 4:15/4:30) - it would be either a Lincoln town car or a red/white shuttle. </p>

<p>I tend to worry, so I'll breathe easier once I know the shuttle has arrived - It will be nice to have him home - even though we were just there this weekend :)</p>

<p>They told me 1:45-2:15 outside the dorm. S's chem lab gets done at 1:50, but he says it looks like they will be done at 1:30 the latest. He is going to take his bag to class with him and then sprint to the dorm. They took his cell phone # and said they would call before they left without him. I too will rest easier once he is at the airport. I was hoping our kids would get to meet on the shuttle-oh well, maybe next trip.</p>

<p>We had a great visit this past weekend, but I know he is really looking forward to coming home. He says he can't wait to take a real shower in a regular bathroom.</p>

<p>Thanks again for the info.</p>

<p>mish-I wanted to let you know that everything went fine with S's shuttle pick-up. They came in a car and picked up him and 2 other kids. The shuttle came about 20 mins. early. The only problem now is that almost every flight into Newark is delayed and that is where he connects. It could be a late night.</p>

<p>my 3-
thanks for the update - I was hoping you would write - I told him to call if there was a problem, but it's hard to not be the "helicopter parent" and worry... - have a great weekend with your son - whenever he arrives in all this rain! :)</p>