Fml. Did this ruin my chances?

<p>So I got an eligibility letter for uc elc program during my junior year which was due before school ended. However we were having work dine at my house and had to live elsewhere for a while and I just came across the letter. I think I passed the deadline to apply. Does this kill my chances for the UCs? Or will they still know that I’m the top 15%? Is there any way they might still accept the permission form?!
Help please!!! :O</p>

<p>Bump…</p>

<p>Answer please…</p>

<p>The short answer is by not returning the permission slip, your HS could not legally release your transcript to UC for elc purposes. (UC did not need the form, but your HS did. But, your HS might have sent your transcipts anyway – check with your GC.) If they did not sent your transcript, you will not be ELC. But you can still apply to UC like everyone else. </p>

<p>Once all applications are in the UC computer, it can calculate a rank of your gpa vs. all others who apply from your HS.</p>

<p>Starting this year it’s likely that the campus-specific guarantees will go away. Not being ELC will simply remove the safety net (guarantee to one UC campus, not necessarily your choice; i.e. Merced). But if you are top 15%, you will likely be competitive for admission at most UCs.</p>