Football ticket reminder

<p>Tomorrow (Friday) morning at 7:00 am central time is the sale date for current freshmen. Make sure you get on early to buy yours otherwise you’ll get left out.</p>

<p>Can you please provide a link. Thank you</p>

<p>It’s on MyBama. Once you’re logged in, the link should be one of the windows on the home tab. This is the direct link (I think) if you need it.</p>

<p><a href=“https://mybama.ua.edu/cp/render.UserLayoutRootNode.uP?uP_tparam=utf&utf=%2Fcp%2Fip%2Flogin%3Fsys%3Dsctssb%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fssb.ua.edu%2Fpls%2FPROD%2FUA_BVSKSTFB.p_display_ticket_info[/url]”>https://mybama.ua.edu/cp/render.UserLayoutRootNode.uP?uP_tparam=utf&utf=%2Fcp%2Fip%2Flogin%3Fsys%3Dsctssb%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fssb.ua.edu%2Fpls%2FPROD%2FUA_BVSKSTFB.p_display_ticket_info&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Yeah it’s right on MyBama on the home tab. Look for the pic of Coach Saban on the left hand side and you’ll see the link to click. </p>

<p>This is for current freshmen only. Incoming freshmen will have their sale sometime next month.</p>

<p>That was too easy! RTR :)</p>

<p>Sure was :-)</p>

<p>Done!! Football tickets ordered!</p>

<p>Did anyone else have nightmares last night about getting tickets? You can tell where my priorities are! Luckily it all went smoothly for our D!</p>

<p>There’s no reason to fret over this. I talked to someone yesterday who got tickets at 8:30 on Wednesday. The number of tickets released is proportional to the credit-hour group’s size, so it’s not like you have more competition for being in one over another. Play it safe anyway, of course, but it’s definitely not stress-worthy.</p>

<p>Even if you didn’t get tickets, if you request a donation as soon as it opens, you can get a ticket to pretty much any game. If you want to worry about football tickets, it should be away games. The credit-hour cutoff for Florida is going to be cruel (and their student ticket upgrade procedure makes it difficult to take advantage of my connections).</p>

<p>Although not football tix related thought I would post this here for NJ Bama…did you see this in the Crimson White yesterday??? (ok I KNOW what you think of the Crimson White…) anyway I think y’all might want to consider going back to UA for some graduate work…this has YOUR name written all over it!!! Enjoy!
Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>April 22, 2011 12:06 AM CST<br>
New show to highlight college football fans
by Jennie Kushner</p>

<p>One production company is looking to merge MTV’s The Real World, NBC’s Friday Night Lights and a little bit of Jersey Shore into one to highlight the Southeastern Conference football life of students.</p>

<p>Atlanta-based Crazy Legs Production Company hopes to feature six or seven students from major universities in a reality TV show that follows them for the six-month football season.</p>

<p>The show, Saturday Night Lights, would highlight a group of die-hard students from the start of practice to the culmination of bowl season.</p>

<p>Tom Cappello, executive producer, said his idea sparked from a straightforward strategy.</p>

<p>“Plain and simple, we love Southern football,” he said. “And the rest of the world needs to see inside the passion of Southern college football fans. Sports networks have done feature stories about football in the South, but no one has seen the season through the eyes of the fans.”</p>

<p>The show would film their home lives, tailgating, pre and post game.</p>

<p>Crazy Legs has started casting and hope to film in the 2011 football season. The company is generating interest through their Facebook page and email.</p>

<p>Cappello said the company is looking for passion in submissions. He said there is a lot of competition.</p>

<p>“Any SEC or ACC school would say they have the best fans and this is your chance to prove it,” he said. “This is your chance to settle the argument once and for all. What are your lives like outside of football? What will we see when football season starts. Don’t hold back.”</p>

<p>Stephanie Skipper, a senior majoring in marketing, said she thinks the show would be a hit.</p>

<p>“I think it’s funny,” she said. “When it all is said and done, I don’t know if I would actually try out for the show. But I think it would be interesting to see how the production company goes about presenting each college.”</p>

<p>Cappello said the company is currently in discussions with a major cable network. The network wants to see video of the cast.</p>

<p>“We are compiling the craziest, most passionate fans we can find until we find the right mix,” he said. “We hope to have cameras rolling for the 2011 season and airings to happen sometime in the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012.”</p>

<p>Cappello said he won’t know if the students will be paid until the series is cast. He also is still determining casting and when students can start applying to participate.</p>

<p>Robert Fender, a senior majoring in business, who will also be returning in the fall to complete his degree, said the show does not appeal to him.</p>

<p>“I just think it would be boring,” he said. “Why would I want to watch on TV what I can I step outside of my house and live and breathe on gameday?”</p>

<p>Henry Thomas, a junior majoring in journalism, also said the show does not appeal to him.</p>

<p>“All it sounds like to me is a bunch of girls getting too drunk to even make it to the games,” Thomas said. “If they want to highlight SEC football fans, they should talk to die hards, not some college kid who knows nothing about the sport.”</p>

<p>lol that’s great. I’ll definitely watch it if/when it airs.</p>

<p>If they filmed me on game-days for an entire season people would think Harvey Updyke was sane in comparison :-)</p>

<p>When do you think the date will be for “rising” Freshmen? We tried to get in today, but it says we are not eligible. Will this be part of Bama Bound perhaps?</p>

<p>It won’t be a part of Bama Bound. </p>

<p>You should be getting an email in a couple of weeks. Last year the sale was June 1st so I’d guess this year will be around that date as well.</p>

<p>The date must be posted on mybama. My DD says that June 1 is the purchase date for incoming freshmen. There are two packages with 3-4 home games each. It sounds like you can only buy one package.</p>

<p>^ yes you DEFINITELY can only buy one package. A few of us on here learned that last year when the system let us but one of each, one of which we then had to be refunded for.</p>

<p>Also - keep in mind ticket sales last year coincided with one of the Honors Bama Bounds, so if that is the case again make sure and bring your PC or ithingy or whatever.</p>

<p>They haven’t announced it yet, but the ticket packages will likely look something like this:</p>

<p>Kent State
Vanderbilt
LSU
($15)</p>

<p>North Texas
Arkansas
Tennessee
Georgia Southern
($20)</p>

<p>This is based on last year, which had the season opener, homecoming, and biggest game in one package and everything else in the other.</p>

<p>Is the schedule out yet? Parents will be looking to buy LSU tickets. Heard the tailgating food is amazing at that one.</p>

<p>The schedule has been out for sometime. LSU game is Nov 5th. Kickoff time will be announced later, but I’d bet anything it will be the 3:30 (2:30 central) game on CBS.</p>