Football tickets for parents

<p>Can someone tell me when and how to buy tickets to a game. We would like to visit our son this fall and go to a game but we dont know how the process works. Thanks</p>

<p>Other than Parents weekend you’ll have to go through a 3rd party. UA has a 10K person wait list for season tickets. </p>

<p>Your best bet is to look on the Tider Insider ticket exchange board, the BOL ticket board or the Tide Sports ticket board. Ebay is also an option just be careful who you buy from. Stub Hub is an option but you’ll pay a lot more than you need to. </p>

<p>If you want to go to an OOC game (Western Ky, Fla Atlantic, Western Carolina) you will be able to get good seats in the lower bowl for face value or less. </p>

<p>The Ole Miss or Miss St game should be around $100 - $200 per ticket depending on what section/level. If you’d be willing to wait until a couple days before the game you could probably even get them cheaper. </p>

<p>Texas A&M game you’ll be looking around $150 - $250 per ticket depending on the location and the auburn game you’ll be looking at around $200 - $300 per ticket depending on location. </p>

<p>I’d be happy to help you find tickets when the season gets a little closer. Most don’t start selling until later in the summer though. PM me your email address if you want.</p>

<p>If you want your child to sit with you, then you’ll have to get him a ticket. His student ticket only lets him into the student section.</p>

<p>How much are the tickets for parent’s weekend? When do they go on sale? How hard are they to get. That might be the only reasonable way to go.</p>

<p>Florida Atlantic is the game on Parent’s weekend (9/22) and face value is $55. You can order them through The University but you’ll be sitting in the endzone upper deck. </p>

<p>You’d be much better off buying them from a 3rd party. You’ll be able to get lower level tickets between the 20’s for face value or below GUARANTEED.</p>

<p>For almost any game except the Alabama vs. Auburn or Alabama vs. LSU game, you can usually buy tickets on the quad or outside the stadium. Not saying they’ll be cheap, but if you’re willing to wait until after kickoff, the prices drop dramatically. If you can’t buy tix, you can always go to a bar on the strip to watch on TV. You can still hear the shouts from the stadium, and spend your ticket money on drinks and A/C. Then after the game, join the crowds. Win-win. :D</p>

<p>What is it like on the quad before games? Will strangers just invite you into a tailgate party? As a New Yorker, not sure how this Alabama kindness thing works. I think the honors college has their own tailgate. Are parents welcome?</p>

<p>Yes, parents are welcome at the Honors College tailgate.</p>

<p>And, at Parents Weekend, there is a Parents Tailgate luncheon as well.</p>

<p>Chardo, for some home games the UA football club of Poughkeepsie, NY tailgates on the quad. From what I understand many of them were born and raised in NY and oftentimes didn’t attend UA.</p>

<p>OOS parents are often surprised about how many people invite them to tailgates. I know m2ck wants to meet the UA alum who tailgates with his $500,000 motor home and spends many thousands per game on beverages.</p>

<p>UA football club of Poughkeepsie? Amazing.</p>

<p>Maybe m2ck can bring me to the motor home party. I’ll bring some local NY trinkets as gifts. The other national champion plays football here :)</p>

<p>I walk through the Quad smiling but nobody’s ever invited me to tailgate with them!</p>

<p>Chardo: the other national championship team actually plays in NJ but I’m a Jersey native so I had to throw that in ;)</p>

<p>There is no adequate way to explain what the Quad is like before a game. And if it’s a big game it’s even crazier (D said the LSU game last year was unbelievable.) People start setting up tents on the Quad on Friday. It is something to be experienced at least once.</p>

<p>Question about Iron Bowl tickets: D is going this year for the first time & has her ticket. She’s coming home for Thanksgiving & then DH will take her back. How likely is he to find a single ticket on day of game? Our complicating factor is that my inlaws always come for Thanksgiving & don’t leave until Monday so we can’t plan too far out.</p>

<p>OOS parents are often surprised about how many people invite them to tailgates. I know m2ck wants to meet the UA alum who tailgates with his $500,000 motor home and spends many thousands per game on beverages.</p>

<p>Actually…his motorhome cost $2,000,000…yep…$2M…which contains a wine fridge filled with $30k worth of fine wines and champagne. Now, I want to party with this guy.</p>

<p>I have tailgate pictures from LSU game last November. Let me know if you want to take a peek at them.
Being a Big 12 fan for decades, tailgating at BAMA makes Big 12 tailgating look like the pee wee league. It’s incredible. I saw lots of $$$$$$ motor coaches!</p>