Football tickets for students

<p>I apologize if there is already a thread on this, I have not been able to find it. Looking at the school website it seems that students need to buy a package of tickets. So they do not get to go to every home game? And do they go on sale at a particular time or when you register for an orientation date. We just submitted out admissions deposit this week so we have not received info about orientation yet. Do freshmen easily get tickets? Thanks so much</p>

<p>Others are definitely more knowledgeable, but in the past freshman were able to choose 1 of 2 packages. One included 4 games, and the other included 3 (one which was the Auburn over Thanksgiving). I believe the cost is $10 per game. DS is a sophomore and as a freshman he got the 4 package one, however, he was able to put his name in the lottery for donated tickets and went to every game except the Iron Bowl. There is a specific day to sign up which UA will send you, or you will see on this board. For Freshman, I believe it was in June. Make sure you or your student are up early (7:00 I believe) to get on line. For upperclassman, they get to sign up for all the games and I believe they sign up before school is out this Spring.</p>

<p>Thank you kjcphmom. Obviously my son is looking forward to football so we want to do this right.</p>

<p>Student football ticket information will be posted here. It’s NOT updated for 2014 yet.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/tickets/m-footbl-student-tickets.html”>http://www.rolltide.com/tickets/m-footbl-student-tickets.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thank you for this info / link!</p>

<p>Thank you Class2012. We will have to keep checking that page</p>

<p>What happens if your child is in a frat or sorority? Don’t they sit together in designated sections? Would they still need to buy their own tix?</p>

<p>They still need a ticket to get in. If they are in a fraternity, then they can sit in a different part of the student section. A student ticket will only get them into the student section though so parents can’t sit with them unless they have a student ticket.</p>

<p>Also, my daughter picked the package with the better games which is usally the smaller package. She put her name on the list for donated tickets every week and got a ticket for every game. If I am not mistaken, a student can transfer a ticket directly to another student who wants the ticket.</p>

<p>So the students can only buy one package, not both? </p>

<p>Unless they change it, incoming freshman can choose package A (which was 4 games) or package B (which was 3 games but included the Iron Bowl). My son his freshman year chose A, but ended up going to all the games except the Iron Bowl by getting the tickets through the lottery (donated tickets from others.) Everybody else except the freshman were able to get tickets for all the games. I think the cost was $10 per game so the package last year was $70 or $80.</p>

<p>When do incoming sophomores select football tickets</p>

<p>Class2012mom posted this on facebook</p>

<p>Returning Students Football Ticket Opt-In-- You are eligible to opt in to the 2014 student-ticket sale for home football games.</p>

<p>If you want to participate, you should submit your request to order between 8:00 a.m. CDT on Monday, April 14 and 5:00 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, April 16. You must submit this request to be able to participate in the season ticket sale. This is not a first-come, first-served event.</p>

<p>If you request to opt in, you will be notified on Thursday, April 17, of your order date.</p>

<p>Current students received an email a few days ago with instructions about opting in (which is outlined above). </p>