Football Tickets

<p>I have friends going to Tennessee and Vandy and people are coming down to see me in T-town for those games. They are in different packages. Will it be hard to get tickets later? Which package is best to get first?</p>

<p>I’m of the opinion that package B is the better choice but can understand while some may think otherwise.</p>

<p>Do these friends plan on sitting with you in the student section? If so, you’ll need to get them student guest tickets. It’s not a hard process but not near as simple as it was when students got paper tickets instead of e-tickets loaded on the act card.</p>

<p>You can expect to pay around $100 - $125 for a student guest ticket to the UT game and around $10 - $20 less for the Vandy game. This would include the upgrade fee. </p>

<p>Just a regular student ticket to those games will probably cost you in the $25 range if you wait until the day before the game. If you get on the waiting list as soon as it opens you’ll have a decent shot of getting a donated ticket.</p>

<p>*Do these friends plan on sitting with you in the student section? If so, you’ll need to get them student guest tickets. It’s not a hard process but not near as simple as it was when students got paper tickets instead of e-tickets loaded on the act card.
*</p>

<p>That’s the big concern…</p>

<p>If these people will be sitting with you, you have to figure out if they would rather be in the regular section (and then you’d need a ticket for that)…or they would be in the student section (and you’d need converted guest tickets for them).</p>

<p>converted student guest tickets can become expensive…you have to pay the conversion fee and often the student will also charge a premium for himself to profit. We once paid more for 2 converted student tickets then if we had just bought 2 tickets from people who are selling regular tickets on the Quad. </p>

<p>Converted student guest tickets are different from when a student just needs a ticket for HIMSELF to attend a game…no conversion fee is charged. Converted student guest tickets are for GUESTS…and you get an actual paper ticket. </p>

<p>Sitting in the student section can be a bit overwhelming for adults…the students will often stand for much of the game (interferring with the adults’ view) …and there aren’t actual “seat” designations in the student sections…so you might have 10 students squished on a bench intended for 6 people…because a bunch of friends want to sit together. </p>

<p>When you’re in the regular section, you’ll have an actual designated numbered seat or spot.</p>

<p>So what you’re saying is that it might be easier/cheaper for my friends to not sit with me? That’s okay with me. Wouldn’t there be a Tennessee or a Vandy student section they could be in?</p>

<p>Sorry if my question is silly…I’ve never been to a college football game!</p>

<p>It’s definitely easier to sit in regular seating than it is in the student section. Student seating is first come first served in the student section. So sometimes you need to get in line at the gate a couple of hours before the gate even opens if you want to get a seat in the lower bowl. </p>

<p>Visiting schools get a ticket allotment. I think it’s 10K between most SEC schools but UT and auburn might get 15K. auburn also gets use of the rec fields so their dates can graze before and after the game :-). </p>

<p>Your friends can try and buy tickets through their University if they want. Will probably be easier for the Vandy kids than the UT kids.</p>

<p>Were we supposed to receive info already FROM the school, about how / where / when to purchase the tickets? If so, we did not receive anything.</p>

<p>How can someone already know which games are in which “packages”? If that info is on CC, I missed it. Would someone please be so kind as to post a link?</p>

<p>The only thing I know about buying the tickets is that it’s on June 1 at 8:00 Central time, and I learned that from CollegeConfidential.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Have you been checking Crimson email? If you haven’t gotten the email, perhaps someone can forward you their copy.</p>

<p>RollTide…Since you’ve never been to a college football game (especially a Bama game), well…you’re in for a real treat…there’s nothing like it. </p>

<p>If your friends can get tix to sit in their own school’s sections then that would probably be easiest for everyone involved.</p>

<p>HowtheHeck,</p>

<p>Here’s the email courtesy of ShamrockDad.
You should have also received the same email at your crimson email address.</p>

<p>New Student Packages for the 2011 football season will be available for purchase beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2011. The student ticket order will be available only online on the home tab at myBama.ua.edu. Road game tickets are available to returning students only.</p>

<p>There is a limit of 1 new student ticket package per student. Ticket packages are subject to availability. New students will choose one package from the options below:</p>

<p>Plan A</p>

<p>Kent State
September 3</p>

<p>Arkansas
September 24</p>

<p>Tennessee
October 22</p>

<p>Georgia Southern
November 19</p>

<p>Plan B</p>

<p>North Texas
September 17</p>

<p>Vanderbilt
October 8</p>

<p>LSU
November 5</p>

<p>Students who gain free access to home games will have their tickets refunded prior to the season.</p>

<p>Students who fall into this category include, but are not limited to, members of the Million Dollar Band, cheerleaders, SGA block seating, NCAA athletes, and Capstone Men and Women. Once the rosters for these organizations are finalized, students who are members of these organizations will receive refunds for the tickets they have purchased.</p>

<p>You can convert a student ticket to a student guest ticket.</p>

<p>If you want to purchase a student guest ticket, you must stop by the Alabama Athletic Ticket Office the week of each home game to convert the ticket. The cost is the face value of the ticket minus $5 (already paid by student). For example, a public ticket for the Arkansas game is $55. The cost to upgrade to a student guest ticket would be $50. Student upgrades are done Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the week of each home game.</p>

<p>So when does my S need to go online and where to get on the wait list for the Kent State Game, I need to put it on my calendar to remind him. 6 am CST?</p>

<p>You go to the ACT card website <a href=“https://alabama.blackboard.com/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp[/url]”>https://alabama.blackboard.com/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp&lt;/a&gt; at 6am CST on the Sunday before the next home game. </p>

<p>So in the case of Kent St the wait list would open on Sunday August 28th at 6am central.</p>

<p>Thanks NJ, I should have just pm’d you are they like $15? Want to make sure he’s got enough on his ACT card.</p>

<p>Tickets you receive off the wait list are FREE.</p>

<p>Just remember to tell him to wear sunscreen. That game will be an early afternoon start and it will be HOT!! Wear sunscreen and drink lots of fluids.</p>