Football tickets

<p>Is it easy to get tickets to the games in the package you did not choose? I am leaning towards package B but want to be able to go to the other games as well</p>

<p>My daughter was a freshman last year. She had the package with 3 games (included LSU game). She was able to get tickets to every home game either directly from another student or through the university system for requesting a ticket and then they assign tickets from other students who return their ticket.</p>

<p>She was also able to to get an extra ticket to a game that was in her package for a visiting friend and then upgrade it.</p>

<p>How does the university system work for requesting tickets, is it something online?</p>

<p>For students, it’s all online. For the regular public, you almost always have to go to the secondary market for the in-demand games. Some games, you can get tickets from rolltide.com, but don’t wait until football season starts. Do it NOW, or (if they’re not on sale right now) when they come up for sale.</p>

<p>Some things about Alabama football tickets:

1. They’re ALWAYS in demand, even during a “losing season.” A losing season for us is a loss of 2 or more games.
  2. Student tickets can often be converted to student guest tickets, usable by a non-student. You may have to be accompanied by a student? Not sure about that. Be aware that you are sitting in the student section, and “sitting” is usually not what you do during the game.
  3. Please don’t act all surprised when you find your seats are in the upper deck. Most public-sale tickets are. I’ve had my Tide Pride tickets for almost as long as there’s been Tide Pride, plus about 20 years before there was such a thing as Tide Pride. You don’t have to be an alumnus to buy Tide Pride, but you have to wait years. You can put your name on the list - go to rolltide.com.
  4. Parking. Pay cash to have your car “watched” and park wherever you can. Or you can buy tickets to park in one of the decks or designated parking areas in advance, know there will be a space for you.
  5. If you have a handicap badge on your car, you can request that your football tickets be in the handicap area. I’m not in a wheelchair, but I do have walking restrictions. I let them know this…our tickets are for seats that are right outside the portal - only 1 step to climb.
  6. If you have a handicap badge on your car, you can park in the handicap deck on new fraternity row. You are then bused to the stadium’s west side, and they’ll pick you up and take you back to the deck after the game. Unless you’re in a wheelchair, though, you still have to climb the steep steps on the bus.
  7. Expect to pay high prices for secondary market tickets for the big games like Auburn, LSU and Texas A & M. Expect to pay big prices for even the “small” games like Western Carolina. The floor price (actual sale from rolltide.com) for a “small” game last year was $55.
  8. If you want to enjoy the tailgating, the atmosphere and excitement, come to Tuscaloosa anyway, without a ticket. You can always watch the game on TV at a local bar or restaurant…or luck into a ticket from somebody desperate to sell!</p>

<p>As noted the student system is online. Students without a ticket can go into their mybama account and put in their request for a ticket. I think opens the Sunday before the game. Students with a ticket, but know they will not be using the ticket can “return” their ticket to the pool using the same system. I think the system starts assigning tickets around Wednesday. Students with tickets must use them or return them or they will get “penalty points” (2 for not using/returning a ticket). Too many points (3.5) and they are ineligible for post season tickets and next season tickets. </p>

<p>A student can also transfer their ticket directly to another student using the system. They arrange this outside of the system either based on knowing each other or through something like posting on FB. They then do the actual transfer through the system.</p>

<p>Southlander. We’re looking for 2 tickets for the Florida Gators, Sept 20th game. and Nov 15th Mississippi Bulldogs. We’re from out of town. We weren’t planning to spend $300+ per ticket. What do you suggest? Should we try to buy on game day in front of the quad? What can we expect to pay? </p>

<p>It’s too bad this board won’t allow ticket trading, and selling, though I too wouldn’t want to see multiple threads about tickets</p>

<p>If you want tickets to the Florida game, go to stubhub.com, but be prepared to pay. At least they will be genuine and not counterfeit, which is a real threat. I hear every game about people having bought counterfeit tickets. Robert Herron recommends tiderinsider.com for tickets. That involves a $48 annual fee and also provides lots of insider recruiting info. I’m not a member!</p>

<p>Miss State - you might find some outside the stadium. Depends on how well State is doing. The thing is, Alabama is only playing 1 game in Tuscaloosa in October, so coming off that stretch will be a pent-up demand if the team is doing well. If we lose to LSU the week before, you should be able to buy State tickets from here to Sunday.</p>