football tickets

<p>how do students obtain football season tickets? is it a lottery system? or first come first serve type thing?</p>

<p>For freshmen, it is a lottery system. In the late spring, they open it up to buy a season ticket, which I think was around $65. If you want to be able to sit with a group of friends, after you all have gotten accepted into the lottery and get your number, one of you takes all the numbers and goes to the ticket counter and the tickets will be given out as a group. Also, you can buy a regular season ticket at the same time and it will be issued in your group. We did this this year and my s was able to take family to several of the games. I probably didn't explain it very well, but basically, yes, freshman often can get tickets to games. In his freshman year, my s was able to go to 4 games.</p>

<p>I'll be a graduate student at Tech in the fall, anyone have advice on getting good football+basketball tickets?</p>

<p>Lottery system is it - in the spring you can buy a season ticket to the next year's football games. Basketball is much harder to get a ticket for because there are so few seats. Cassell only seats like 5000. My son was only able to get a ticket to 2 of the games. Remembering to sign up for the lottery is the hard part!</p>

<p>Cassell actually seats around 10,000 so you have a better chance than that. I ended up getting like 8 tickets this year.</p>

<p>Does the same rule that applies to freshman getting tickets to transfer students?</p>

<p>The lottery is open to ALL students. Freshmen (and I guess 1st year transfers as well) just can't BUY a season football ticket b/c you have to be a student there in the spring when they go on sale. </p>

<p>I stand corrected about Cassell seating numbers. I just remembered being told that it is one of the smaller basketball venues. You did well in the basketball lottery, Strat15! Congrats! My son was bummed to have only gotten 2.</p>