Football Tix Question

<p>D is leaning toward the “A” package, since it’s unlikely she’d get back from T’giving break in time for the Auburn game. However, the Florida Atlantic game during Family weekend is in the “B” package. I assume we could buy D one of the weekend packages and a ticket, but I’d prefer not to incur that expense if not necessary. Anyone know whether there’s a good chance of getting a donated ticket for that game? Or is it not worth the risk of waiting to find out?</p>

<p>On a related note. Does anyone know when tickets are available for returning students?</p>

<p>It isn’t usually a problem to get a donated ticket for smaller games like that one, but no guarantees. The Auburn game would be quite different.</p>

<p>Important Dates</p>

<p>April 9-11: Continuing Student Opt-In Period (Full Packages Only)
April 16-20: Continuing Student Purchase Period (Full Packages Only)
April 23-24: Road Game Opt In for Returning Students
April 26-27: Student Road Game Purchase Period
June 1: New Student Sale Begins (Mini Packages Only)
TBA - Late August/Early September: Last Chance Sale (for Returning Students who originally Opted In and did not order tickets)</p>

<p>It’s all on rolltide dot com</p>

<p>I assume we could buy D one of the weekend packages and a ticket, but I’d prefer not to incur that expense if not necessary</p>

<p>If you want your D to sit with you, then you need to get her a ticket…otherwise she’s in the student section.</p>

<p>But, if you don’t care, then she probably could get a donated ticket for the student section.</p>

<p>Sounds like you are saying that incoming freshmen are able to purchase football tickets now. I cannot find anything on myBama and found a note that tickets are available on June 4. How should we proceed? Thanks</p>

<p>^^ No, new students can’t buy tickets until June 1. My D is just trying to figure out which package to choose when the time comes. IIRC, the June 4 date is when you can register for Family Weekend.</p>

<p>Whenever “your time” to reserve/buy tickets come, do NOT DELAY. Tickets can sell out within a very, very short time. </p>

<p>So, if your time is 8 am, be ready to buy at 8 am.</p>

<p>I apologize if this has been answered but I have a quick question about the football tix - how do you know what your scheduled time is to buy the tickets online? We just came back from our visit to see the campus - it was beautiful BTW - my son loved it also - I thought someone we spoke with mentioned you can buy them during Bama Bound. However, we haven’t even scheduled our Bama Bound date yet and I don’t want him to miss out on the ticket purchase time so how do we find that out? Thanks for any help :)</p>

<p>Welcome! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Bama! Yes, it is beautiful!</p>

<p>I think Frosh buy their tickets on June 1st… I don’t think you have to go to BB first, but maybe I’m wrong about that.</p>

<p>Can a Freshman buy road game tickets? and if i get them how does getting to the away stadium work? Do we get bused or do we have to find a way there?</p>

<p>Its very unlikely that a freshman or sophomore will get away game tickets when they are first sold. Remember all that for football tickets, UA only counts credits earned at UA that have posted to your transcript ie not current semester, AP, or transfer credits. If you do get an away game ticket, it is a paper ticket which you use to enter the stadium with other fans. Home game tickets are loaded onto students’ Action Cards.</p>

<p>For most away games, students not performing during the game will need to arrange their own transportation to/from the game.</p>

<p>My D isn’t a huge football fan now, but I am going to get her a ticket package anyway with hope that she might want to go to games once there. But let’s say she doesn’t want to go to a game, what does she do with her ticket if it’s on her action card?</p>

<p>She can donate it. But, she needs to go to a few games because if she donates a certain number, then she won’t be permitted to buy tix in a later year. I could be wrong, but I think that’s the rule.</p>

<p>Anyway…she’ll want to go once she’s there…not necessarily to watch football, but to hear the music, see the entertainment, etc.</p>

<p>My son was not a football fan either but during his first year he joined a group that “Chest Painted” for the games. They had some very talented artistic individuals painting that year and many wore houndstooth patterned and red “shirts”. It was fun watching the games on TV and picking him out from the group. We even had people (from as far away as Hawaii) pick him out of the crowd and comment. It was terrific to see him live and was great fun for him. Now, not everyone does this particular activity as it is extremely time consuming but your students will find many fun ways to participate in the football season even if they don’t go to the games. However, I would encourage your students to get the football package as it is very inexpensive and will leave their options open. More than likely they will wind up going to at least some of the games.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>S was also one of those “not into football” kids. First game text – “AWESOME”, this year bought ticket for all games – didn’t pass up one game. He still doesn’t really sit and watch NFL with dad BUT Alabama games are not “just football” to paraphrase - it’s an experience.</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE!!</p>