For those who did Regular Decision and have received their decision...

To undergraduates applying for class of 2019:
Can you explain the process of how and when you were told whether or not you were accepted? Specifically, did you get an email first, or did you get snail mail first? My application status has been “decision made” for 2 days now but I haven’t received anything yet. How long did it take you guys to find out your decision?

See if you can pay your deposit. Google “Binghamton QuickPay.” If you can pay, you’ve even accepted.
Good luck :slight_smile:

I don’t think that is a definite indicator though since I’ve read about people who were able to pay but got a rejection letter.

Ok I just tried it and I’m eligible, guess I’ve been accepted!

Hard to believe that the school is making this a guessing game. Something seems terribly off.

Son still waiting for email or snail mail. Status updated on Monday to decision made, Harpur, and able to pay. Would be nice to receive official confirmation already.

Sapphire50, did your son apply RD. Seems like they have yet to finish EA. When a school puts their resources into basketball instead of academics and does not hire adequate staff for decade there is bound to be staff shortages. They added administrators at $$$ but not staff. I understand the student faculty ratio is 1:20. This makes it hard for them to complete things on time. I’m sure they are trying to be diligent.

My status changed to decision made on Tuesday. Checked and could pay my deposit. I got an email Thursday confirming that I have been accepted and that they sent my official notification in the mail. I got into Harpur if that helps. I haven’t gotten the official letter yet. I’m hoping it comes Monday.

My son did apply regular decision and we were frankly surprised to find out so soon as we’ve been following as some early action folks still are waiting for decisions. My son has still not received a letter or email.

I just received an acceptance letter today, but I am confused too because the regular decision notification date is April? So I thought it was a mistake…I did not receive an email .

Finally received acceptance letter in the mail today. Still don’t think he received email yet unless it came today. I am waitng for him to open the letter but right on the cover it says “congratulations, you’re the one we want…”

Is it bad that I still haven’t received my decision (RD applicant)? I applied on like Dec 15th…and my status still says “complete ready for review.”

It’s been almost two weeks and I have yet to get any emails or letters. Oddly, my friend both had the same application status and he got his monday.

It took nine days from time sons online status changed to “decision made” and he got his letter. However, status change date was jan 26 and letter postmarked Jan 28, so it took a while to get thru the mail to us, between weather and weekends etc.

Ok I guess I’ll just patient, thanks.

I’m not sure there’s any rhyme or reason to it. Yesterday it said “ready for review” and today I got an email notifying me of my acceptance.

I noticed that my status changed to Decision Made a few days ago. I got my acceptance email today. However, yesterday I tried to see if I could pay my deposit, but I could not. So I don’t think the QuickPay thing is the best way to find out about your acceptance.

This is getting ridiculous. I still have yet to receive a letter or email from bing and its been about a month since the decision was made.

Why not give them a call dbzavatar? There are apparently big staffing issues.

I e-mailed them and they told me I should just wait for an email or letter. I’m trying to be patient but it’s really nerve wracking.